first post - be gentle.

Watched Easts v Melbourne and was wondering about why storm players not part of the play the ball draging back easts player, that were part of the tackle, out of position and it's not being pull up. They walk off the mark repeatedly (easts also culprits) which puts the markers not squared -enter Grant/Hughes/Papps. they then begin to roll down the field. 6 again rule not used for slowing down the ruck, hand on ball when rising.

I know it's storm and the powers that be need permission from storm to use their backbone, so aside from that. What does the rules say?

SECTION 15 PLAYER’S MISCONDUCT (j) deliberately obstructs an opponent who is not in possession.

Is there a member who can clarify why this is allowed? should one start a petition for justification. oh and Kafusi is playing and typically playing dirty.

Now Canberra..

Papa runs better lines and better post contact than Matto did so not too concerned there. Lane needs to be drop kicked from the 17. Marata takes his spot. Does Rankin fit the bill as center - good reader of the game but can he defend there.  

probably my first and last post hence the multiple subjects.

J Papalii wins a tight one with a crash over try. the blokes a two legged buffalo

until Saturday. oh been an eel fan since 82'

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Back in the day, The Beatnix at Maroubra Seals, sing-a-long with the dodgy mates with our own lyrics;

I Want To Hold Your Flange

Leprosy, I'm not half the man I used to be...  etc

• Sausage fingers and possibly the dram or two of port. 

• That was a tough read, you must be pickled. 

• This reply was deleted.
    • Any news about JWH ? He was more of a "Thanks for coming" last night. It's always nice to see storm get mongreled.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Soup is the unsung hero in the culinary world. And Slugg your dry wit cannot be copied. Thanks for the welcome

• Is that a blue cattle dog on your avatar? Good blog and welcome aboard the Love Boat.

• Young Archibald is mostly blue, rescue from the central coast. Your two look lovely.  Nice dogs blues, not too friendly with people and good time keepers. Love boat? Where's the bar?

• Pops, Slugg, Snake and Fong are in charge of the Bar.

• I too noticed the Storm pushing tacklers off their own players. It's 100% against the rules. But like every game of footy it takes the opposing Captain to make an issue of it with the refs. Cam Smith would do this all the time. The game would literally stop whilst he pointed out illegal opposition tactics. 
    It's a fine line. You don't want to be a team of whingers who  get  all fired up over every bad call. But you also want a reputation amongst the refs that they better be on their game because they'll be pulled up on every mistake. Gutho is not very good at this. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"When was the last time a premiership was won with an expensive centre?
It's not the formula to success "
16 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I agree Mutts, I actually don't mind us going with him at Centre and forgetting Lomax. "
30 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Johnny Suede's discussion Clubs monitoring status of Jake Arthur
"Hmmm maybe I will have to reconsider my comment as you are making some very good points 😂"
31 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Melbourne badly need middles too, not sure why they would get rid of one of their best."
32 minutes ago
More…