New SIGNINGS ?????

Sick of hearing about the Bulldogs and Gus and who they are signing for 2024 and beyond.

When the heck are we going to plan / sign some decent players for next year and beyond.

Surely we need a centre , big wingers, 2nd row, hooker and or a coach without a guide dog.

Only signing an old crippled Raiders hooker who may never even play.

So sick of this shit.

Keen to hear your comments fellow Eels supporters.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sometimes it's about recruitment and other times it's about retention & development. You only need to recruit big names if you have big holes to fill. Our core, ie Gutho, Moses, Junior, RCG, DB, Matterson, Lane, N.Brown & until this season Mahoney has been in place for a number of seasons now. We haven't needed or been able to make massive recruitment moves. When you have the core in place it's about pruning around the margins and internal development. 

• And here lies the problem. Instead of realising it's not working and swapping out a brown or a Mahoney when a better options become available we've re-signed these guys on potential for 3 years down the track and burnt numerous seasons.  Wheras when you look at other clubs they've brought in that one experienced recruit and won a comp.  

• Brian Smith was about internal development over big signings.

Different times different methods of getting things done.

If you have a look right now what is successful is it big signings or internal development.

If your going to take shots it's Parras pathways that are an issue and will come under more pressure now Gus is at the Dogs.

All big signings are is so you can wax lyrical in the media they guarantee you nothing for in most cases going in that direction you leave holes elsewhere.

• You use your internal development, as you put it, and team them up with some big names. We seem to be merely relying on development and signing busted hookers.

Speaking of which,mwhat do you call a hooker with a runny nose, Coryn?

• And that's exactly what we have done have we not.You develop guys like DB Nuikore Stone Dunster Russell and alike and team them with the Paulo RCG MM Gutho types.

Parra have built a very good team which is still improving.

We went big ticket with Foran Norman Hoppa and alike for exactly what ?

• We recruited the wrong idiots .  Cronulla recruited Ennis and then Malloney and changed their squad and won a comp.  Brian Smith brought in JT and Brad drew and built one of the best teams we've seen. 

He identified the issue and fixed it and then some. Smithy most certainly recruited in key positions . Amd he brought in proven players . I like that BA develops , but he needs to add the missimg links or we will always be building and just missing out . 

• Team sports is always about building.

Building doesn't necessarily mean going to the market.

Parra next year will obviously be in that phase they won't be able to spend big because they already have made roster decisions where the big ticket money has already been spent.

• We gotta get Farnworth and unearth another Papali'i (I know two chances buckleys and none) the way our recruiting is going.

Sam Verilis ?? he seems more or an injury risk then Hodgson.

man we were dumb to let ice and reed go.  I know broken record.....

maybe we needed to to have the cash for Dylan who knows ??

• Hands will.out do reed

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"More so a great performance could come from the motivation and not from skill. If they try to win with talent and skill ain't going far as there is not much without Moses. With heart and effort they could do ok, maybe not win but get close.
If they…"
4 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Pops, are you seriously considering the head of football and the coach are not equally accountable for recruitment.   I reckon you've fallen into the tct trap"
13 minutes ago
Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Cowboys wasn't a great performance LB. they have been shown up quiet badly after we managed to bust their defence at will in their Red Zone! i.e. fundamentally the same attack as the Phins game, just a different resolve from the defence.
Can we…"
41 minutes ago
Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I think anyone that has common sense and decency are in this boat. That is not to say BA should stay, I agree he has to go.
The one argument that we don't know is who has pulled the strings on the recruitment wagon, it is really a problem and…"
52 minutes ago
More…