Moving Forward

Watching Teams like Broncos cowboys and sharks improvement this year has me looking at our current squad.

I don't think we have moved forward as a club we haven't gone backwards just the same inconsistent team as previous years.

Have we missed a trick in not revamping our systems?

Maybe loosing players next year might be for the best as somone said to me recently it's not like we have lost any premiership players.

I've conceded that we don't have a team this year that can win the premiership I'm hoping moving forward we can show that big improvement similar to those teams. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 1
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We aren't winning it this year with this squad and will only be worse next year with the players we have lost.

Papali'i, Niukore, Mahoney, Kaufusi and Stone are gone and all we have signed is an aging over the hill cripple from Canberra. 

All the quality 2nd rowers and props are already signed elsewhere next year so we have missed out on replacements. 

Our lower grades are playing like shit so any of our juniors really aren't worth promoting to 1st grade. 

We are currently in 7th spot and will be lucky to make the top 8 this year and next year we will be bottom 4.

• Love the passion BEM.

Some valid arguments in there for sure.

I was thinking today, after I read some of your comments on our jrs performing poorly, I wonder how much of a direct translation there is between those two things. I could be wrong but I think Bulldogs do really well in the jr grades right? 

Hopefully we develop a Penrith type set up and become a powerhouse.

I think our full strength side is of premiership calibur this year.

• I've agreed with everything you've said on here for a long time BEM. I'm not over the moon about Hodgson either from a physical standpoint, but I think there's other aspects he will bring to the team which we need and are never going to get from either Moses or Gutherson.

Gutherson needs to be stripped of the captaincy and it given to Hodgson otherwise my guess is Gutherson and Moses will be continually undermining him and what he can bring to the team.   

• In all honesty I agree with you on taking the captaincy away from Guth but giving to Hodgson would be a complete disaster. 

The team aren't going to respect a blow in from Canberra. It would ruffle way to many feathers. 

I still think the logical choice would be Moses as the sole captain. 

• Reynolds has a few kilometres on the clock and is a bit banged up as well. Sometimes the one in charge has to have been there and done that.

• Oh and I think we could do with ruffling a few feathers.

• Yes but making someone with Hodgson's injury concerns the captain would be a disaster. 

I don't see him as an 80 minute player any more and think with his injury record over the last couple of years, he will be lucky to play more than 4 or 5 games for us.

Making Moses the sole captain would be the way to go and would ruffle a few feathers just enough.

As far as Reynolds goes, he hasn't had 3 season ending ACL injuries in the last 5 years. 

• Papali'i is miles ahead of any second rower we are retaining in both attack and defence.  If it wasnt for him last week we would of got belted by the rooters.    I totally agree  scramble into top 8 this year.  Miss the 8 next year 100%

Agree BEM (unfortunately :-(  )   Where are our signings FFS

36 years and COUNTING   cmon ......  hopefully we do this hopefully we do that blah blah blah 

• We have beaten storm and panthers away. No other team will/or can do that. I dont care where we finish in the 8, we can definately win it from wherever we finish

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
2 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
6 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
8 minutes ago
Marty replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We'll just been watching Matty John's Late, Hindy n Fletch interviewing Dragons - Lawrie, Lomax n Coach son, gotta say Lawrie n Lomax complete fuckwits. Coach son was pretty cool but other two prime nobs
Dragons can keep Lomax cause we have a No…"
41 minutes ago
More…