Moderators and Moderation

Im posting this blog in the hope that it may clear up any concerns that anyone on this great site regarding the 'Moderators' and their position and responsibility of 'Moderating' the site and assisting 'Super'. Myself and BEM are at this stage been given this responsibility if people were not already aware of this prior to this blog then everyone should be now. Myself and BEM are limited in our responsibilities as 'Moderators' and do not at this stage have the authority to just 'shut down' blogs, suspend those who continually break the 'Code of Conduct' or delete comments that are inappropriate. We can however monitor blogs and warn people of any inappropriate comments and give them the opportunity to respond to either apologise and alter their comments or both before we radically delete, suspend or shut down even IF we had the authority to do so. We are aware that not everyone may be pleased with the processes we take but I can guarantee we will endeavour to do our best and to be in alignment with the 'Code of Conduct' but also be supportive and diplomatic in our dealings with ALL members whether theyve been on the site for years of if they are new and finding their way. Please understand that both myself and BEM are both new to this role and we are also endeavouring to find our feet. So please be patient and show us some grace please. We appreciate your support, advice in doing our job and in continuing to make this site a great place. We can not do this on our own it is a whole team effort.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Your in good hands Grunts! Relax.

• At least it may reduce some of the personal insults you attract Monto.

Find the balance mate but never be afraid to asscert your authority - trying to please everyone does not work so PC BS is not an option.

Do not engage in useless dialogue with idiots.

• Thanks Col, appreciate the advice mate. I'll make a note of all advice and use it. Om sure I'll still attract personal insults. I have broad shoulders and a gracious disposition most of the time.

• Don't mind Grunts.  Some issue from the past

• Just to touch on what monts said.

Neither Monto or myself have the authority to delete blogs or suspend members. Only Super has that authority. 

We can and will delete posts that fall outside of the site rules but will give posters the opportunity to do it themselves before we intervene.

Calling us pissweak because we won't do what you think should be done will not be tolerated. 

If you have a valid issue with a blog, please inform Monto or myself and we will pass it on to Super to be actioned. 

Thank you.

• Good post Monts. I think the better adherence to the code of conduct is better for all. Once we learn the boundaries things will fall into place. I think some comments can be quite painful to others who may be quite vulnerable in ways we don,t know about..

• Exactly! We dont always know what people have been through in the past or what they maybe currently going through. 2020 was a difficult year for many people. Id like to think 2021 will be brighter for all. I appreciate your input Tad.

• Good blog, Monts. Thanks for letting us know.

• No worries mate. If you have any advice or suggestions that might make our moderating job more successful or just any ideas would be appreciated.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
1 hour ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
2 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
2 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
2 hours ago
More…