Matto ruled out for puppies clash

The Parramatta Eels face the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium on Sunday 2 August in Round 12 of the NRL Telstra Premiership.

With 24 hours to go until the clash, Blue & Gold Head Coach Brad Arthur has updated his squad to 19 players, thanks to Taylor & Scott Lawyers!

Ryan Matterson and Will Smith drop out of the side with Marata Niukore called into the back row and Brad Takairangi on to the bench.

David Gower and Stefano Utoikamanu will remain as reserves with the final seventeen confirmed an hour before kick off. 

Round 12 of the NRL Telstra Premiership will be Indigenous Round, to celebrate and recognise the role the Indigenous community plays in our game.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2020/08/01/team-list-update-bulldogs-v-eels-round-12/

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Concussion-related re: Matto?

• Yep. He passed the protocol but Eels being cautious and letting him rest. Niukore into the back row, Taka onto the bench. BA probably never intended to play him this week.

• Phuck that.

Taka must have 27184903027463 lives ffs.

• We were probably never going to play him given one of the reasons he apparently had for leaving the tigers was the fact that they rushed him back after a concussion.  

• Spot on ericson

• Wot. He put Davey into the back row last week for 65 mins. But not good though for 80 this week?

• This reply was deleted.
    • Could not agree more Brissy; and the blood bin rule seems to have gone out too. Last week against Wests their winger scored the last try with blood all his head / face and yet was tackled in the same set and nothing done to stop this. This issue was v strict years ago but like many seems to be forgotten....imagine if he had scored the match winning try with blood all over him.....protocols?

• Both games what I've seen in patches this afternoon are both arm restles.. Aiming up for run home. 

• If we are serious about wanting to make a statement tomorrow, we need to put the dogs to the sword and  put 40-50 on them.

I want to see us start fast for once, go in for the jugular and then keep the foot on the throat for the full 80 mins.

We are still waiting on our first 80 min team performance- hopefully this will be it. Sharkies next so that will be another test.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nitram replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I hope we don't sign him. I don't see what the fuss is about this bloke. Seems overrated to me.
But I said the same thing the Moses in 2017 signing so...."
21 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree, May is value at 500k.
Moving Tago to 6 is interesting, not sure he's a 5/8th in skillset?! He's a gun centre and maybe Panthers didn't want to lose both him and Crichton? 
With South's I feel they lost direction without Reynolds, too many…"
24 minutes ago
Marty replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"LB you probs correct on two Coaches getting maturity from Lomax, it was all in his mannerism last night. I do wonder the noise from Parra if Gutho went to Wing... for the betterment of the Team? Would he bleet 🐏 so much? "
50 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"If Tago does stay at centre then it does coincide with them having a budget 6 but I still think the plan will be to move him"
1 hour ago
More…