Matterson

Matterson charge has been down graded, may just line up on Saturday night. Will be sorely missed , can assume Bellaxhe will be calling for suspension

Right side defence better be talking at training this week, Melb will tear em a new one otherwise

can anyone confirm Andrew Davey to Manly, gotta keep him, fuck the dollars, he is exactly what's required

bet he gets a starting spot v Melb

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Matto will play on Saturday night. I have not seen or heard anything official from either club on Davey

• Hope they keep Davey as well. 

• Do you want to know what makes Melbourne great ?

They let the Andrew Davey’s of this world walk when they get bigger offers elsewhere. They never overpay to keep edge forwards & outside backs. 

• Or, they keep them on a second payroll, under a second set of books!

• LOL BM

• They also have a system in place that manages to turn discarded or journeyman forwards into top shelf forwards in next to no time. Just look at how many average forwards went to the Storm, became world beaters, then left the Storm and looked fairly average again.

If you can keep your spine in tact and put most of your planning around that, and then have systems that manage to get the best out of forwards so you can just keep churning them out - that's the way to stay long term consistent.

Agreed though, letting Davey go is the exact right thing to do. Same as you'd do in any company, you can't have a company that solely exists of high paid senior execs so not everyone can rise to the top - but if you can create a company that becomes a talent factory, then it's sustainable to let people outgrow you and move on.

• Exactly, and I say that as a huge Andrew Davey fan

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mitchy replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Yeah fine if we can snag him but I'd not be paying the full amount. He's not worth that for us!  Maybe $400-500z "
7 minutes ago
Longfin Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I also think we are in need of wingers rather than centres. It's likely Lomax would find himself on the wing at some stage in Parra anyway."
15 minutes ago
Kurupt - Monkey Magic replied to Johnny Suede's discussion ‘How disappointing is that’': Tigers greats Benny Elias and Steve Roach ‘invited by Parra’ amid bizarre series of snubs
"Yep"
24 minutes ago
Kurupt - Monkey Magic replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"All this talk and he'll probably sign with the dogs, I believe they promised him fullback. "
26 minutes ago
More…