Matt Scott suffers stroke

As per NRL.com. 

North Queensland Toyota Cowboys prop Matt Scott suffered a mild stroke on Sunday.

Doctors are confident the stroke was unrelated to football and he is expected to make a full recovery.

The retiring Cowboys legend remains in hospital in Brisbane and a Townsville return date remains unclear.

The Cowboys will continue to provide Matt and his family all possible support and the club would ask media to respect the privacy of the Scott family during this time.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/20/cowboys-statement-matt-scott-suffered-mild-stroke/

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hopefully he makes a full recovery and is able to return home soon. That's highly likely the end of his career but his health is more important than three more NRL games. One of the game's toughest and most consistent props and a big part of the Cowboys' premiership winning team.

• Thank you for posting article, currently sitting in a funeral home organising a funeral. 

• Condolences, Brettles . Hope you’re doing ok . 

• I’m fine, my father passed away on Sunday, I’m not far from you actually, in bloody freezing Goulburn.  I didn’t really have a relationship with him, but I’m all he had. So, here I am ....

• This reply was deleted.
            • Yeah I know, now I’m battling with stupid beauracrats trying to get his personal effects. Banging head against brick wall !!! 

• Hang in there mate. Hopefully some divine help on its way.

• We're in Moss Vale and we're getting smashed by the freeze and high winds. 

• Choco, I dare you to hope over to Berrima Junction, head along Collins Road which is new to me and same as the structures on the MV side of that road, it used to be totally open, at this time of night we used to be on a steam locomotive shunting out Cement hoppers for delivery to Clyde, along the railway line heading to the works there's a short bridge that goes (or did) over a small swamp and creek that fed under the line, its still there and visible on google earth.

We were usually stuck there for around 2-3 hours, as we moved up over the bridge the choir of frogs would sing to us as the wind brought up the sound to our near falling off ears.  As bad as it is in MV with the wind, its nothing compared to the Junction, even the heat from the firebox did not help, once we backed our made up train out onto the main line and set sail for Clyde we slowly thawed out.

• Winds are crazy in Wollongong also . Coldest and strongest I’ve witnessed since I can remember . 

• Wizm we lived at Werri Beach (Gerringong) for 4 years, I loved the place except for the wind, cold westerlies in winter and Gale force Nor Easters in Summer you had to be on and off the beach by 9am, or head to the north end of the beach and carry our three kids across the sand as the kids would scream as the sand hit their legs.

For consistency as far as winds are concerned in regards to where we have lived and visited, the worst are the Southern Highlands, there is a channel strip that runs from near Tahmoor, through Yerrinbool, Aylmerton  to the western edge of Mittagong and across the Berrima flats, was coming home one day and noticed that strip was covered in Hail, the rest of the areas were wet from rain.  Between Marulan and Towrang there is a wide section of granite land with a glider airstrip on it, that spot is also of high winds and Umbrella Grass, that stacked up against the rail lines, when you ran over it it would crush and secrete oils onto the rails, and be a cause of trains coming to a stand with wheel slips and uncontrolable wheel spins.

There is a similar spot and ruthlessly cold and windy on the Northern Tablelands at a plave called Kellys Pilains between Uralla, that was a veryflat area as was Kentucky to the South of Uralla, and the wind blowing across those areas was terrible as well.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Love....LB it is a many splendered thing.
Let me tell you it doesn't always work out like in the fairy tales.....doesn't matter how they try their guts out., if Saab or Turbo get into the clear, throw a couple of others into boot and doesn't matter…"
1 minute ago
Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I wouldn't be sacking them if I thought they weren't accountable you dumbass!
The point I was making and obviously it was over your head, is what interference took place outside of the Coach and Hof.
An example was that lets assume BA & MON wanted…"
11 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Not really, as proven on our day we are a good team, but I think that team is quickly sliding backwards."
33 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Whatever happens BA will finish the season, unless he decides enough is enough and he has answers."
38 minutes ago
More…