Manly v Parra

Manly were very impressive today.....but I still think we will beat them.Dogs were woeful, and I have the confidence in our defense now especially on the edges where Manly were breaking through, and it feels good to be able to say that for a change.

I think it will be a great game, and close maybe Eels 14 to 8.  home crowd bringing us home.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Broncos have talent to burn. They lack halves, experience and leadership desperately though. They looked rudderless against us. They are hit 'n miss for 8th spot. I personally don't think they'll make the top 8.

• I think they will make it.once thier forwards are all there and fit LOOK OUT!!!

• Need a strong start, let’s hope Manly doesn’t do to us what we did to the Broncos. That’s roll forward, quick play the balls, get a penalty & then Turbo through the middle & under the post. We need to win convincingly to gain that respect. 

• something else which seems to have been overlooked somewhat is that last week was an away game.and we won it convincingly against a top 8 side(take note Fwank)lets hope that trend is put to rest this year also. 

• It was a great win, but I don't think they'll make the 8. Not enough experience nor leadership. Weak at 7 and 9.

• Brisbane made the eight last year. They beat the Cowboys and Bunnies in round one and two. Their 7 is good. Melbourne let go the wrong player in Croft. Turpin is a good hooker. What they have is a lack of experience in the forwards. Aside from Alex Glenn they don't have a single forward with more than 100 games in the NRL. Really across their squad they have a lack of experience. Darius is way passed his best and is their most experienced backline player. Milford is good when a team is going forward.

We've been through something similar in the past when you have a lot of young kids, you're trying to work out which ones are good and you'll end up with a couple who will be good NRL players. But you don't have the experienced players to bring them through.

Over the past couple of years Brisbane has leaked experience and while replacing it with youth is admirable, the failure to replace guys like McCullough, Parker, Thaiday, Gillett with at least two players with 100 games is starting to bite them.

• Pretty sure Turpin has just been ruled out with a fractured tibia. Out for at least 6 weeks.but they have McCu.....and Segy....aaah, oh yeah.they is screwed.

• Croft is talented. No doubt. He just isn't at the level he needs to be to marshall a team like the Broncos. The pressure is immense and he lacks the experience.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

adnan replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Pigs fly"
2 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Yeh! take your point with Wiz's explanation EE."
12 minutes ago
Collaroy Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Hope not LB. I love Grieg . He is a best of a young man and just needs more fitness IMO. Don't think they'll part with Blaize . They can keep Lomax "
14 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"or Jesus saying "forgive them father for they know not what they do"...... it is good friday Wiz and Daz is the smartest guy on the site, even though you feel challenged by such a statement!"
19 minutes ago
More…