Manly looking to offload Koroisau

Is it worth chasing Api Koroisau if the price is right, Manly have given him permission to look elsewhere and might be prepared to pay some of his contact. He would be a great mentor for Mahoney and would add alot to our side, can also fill in at 5/8 if the need arises.

He has a very good running game which Mahoney can learn from and with Mahoney being so young it will help him in his development and not just use him as a tackle bot, Mahoney will be busted if he doesn't get some help.

I think he would be a very good addition to the team, touted as a SOO Hooker before Cook came along.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Makes sense who would we use if Mahoney got injured ? Maybe on a two year deal until that other young guy coming through is ready to be backup or take the role.  

• The young guy coming through is Schneider and he may not be NRL ready for a couple more years, in the meantime Koroisau would be a mentor for both and ready to be moved on after 2yrs.

• Only if the price is right as he would be a back up as offers no more than Maloney who is coming along great. At the price he wants is too much to be playing reserve grade.

• Shane, as much as I like Mahoney and a think he is our long-term Hooker, Koroisau at this stage of his development is, imo, a much more experienced and better player. Mahoney would learn alot from him.

• Throw 1.2 for 6 years at Jake Trbo

• Parra tried to get him before signing Peats didnt they?

• Yeah this one I agree with.

Looks like Manly are trying to clear the decks for a home coming - FORAN.

Both Walker and now Koroisau looking for gigs.

• Manly are trying to stay cap compliant and re-sign/extend both Tom and Jake - no money left for any other homecomings.

• Time will tell but I’m hearing different.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hell On Eels’s discussion was featured

The free-falling Eels are staring down the barrel of another nail in their season’s coffin. They sit like ducks in the target arrow of the public's microscope just waiting to dissect their ANZAC performance.
Despite the Eagles superior position…
1 hour ago
Hell On Eels posted a discussion

The free-falling Eels are staring down the barrel of another nail in their season’s coffin. They sit like ducks in the target arrow of the public's microscope just waiting to dissect their ANZAC performance.
Despite the Eagles superior position…
1 hour ago
EA replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"Sanders defence in the halves is actually better than Hands. NSW Cup stats would back this statement up as well. Hands is actually a poor defender in the halves. He is barely cup quality in cup. Hands is an out and out hooker in my opnion."
2 hours ago
parra supporter replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"I see hands on the bench as coverage for sanders in case his defence doesn't hold up rather than just to relieve lussick."
2 hours ago
More…