Maika Sivo possibly on the move

According to nine news, Sivo's manager has emailed other clubs for expressions of interest for 2022.

Personally I am on the fence with this decision.  I love Sivo but he didn't improve as much as I thought he would last year. After all we have done for him, I would hate to see him at another club. The other thought is whether the club is happy to see him go?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nailed it poo. Dunster is 90kg soaking wet. He will not be able to give the big carries required from a winger. He either needed to get VERY good defensively quickly and move to centre, or get on the Gallen diet.

On Stefano, Hughes and Hollis will provide better value than what Wests are paying for a bench forward, so no tears shed there.

• This reply was deleted.
        • I've got one ,Remus Smith.

• He didn't slip through, we got rid of him mid-season.

• I don't get the love for Dunster. 

He hasn't really shown anything special.

• He's played one game. No one's really pumping him up as the next big thing just that he did his job when asked on debut and has an opportunity this season to push for an NRL spot.

• Exactly Super - he got thrown into the deep end of a shark infested pool and came out all but unscathed.

That should tell people he is worth investing in and be given a chance to prove himself in FG imo.

However Rappy actually sounds like he is making some sense - which is remarkable at worst.

I think a few clubs might be nterested in chatting with him but will he look for money or opportunity?

• Happy for him to go.

if he is cheap he is good value. But he is too raw for the price he is getting. Still has too much to learn for that price and no guarantee he will learn. Also did not like his attitude last year

• This is a good thing. He will need to start performing again to get the money he wants. In 2019 he was unstoppable. In 2020 his inexperience and weaknesses were exposed for all to see. We'll know in the first half of the 2021 season which Sivo we have.  If he performs at his brilliant best then we should do whatever it takes to keep him. Pressure is on him to make the decision hard for the club. 

• I think he may have been trying too hard to emmulate some of the stuff MJ does and simply did not have the wherewithal to achieve his ambition.

FAILS - confidence drops and game goes to pot, add leg injury and you have a lousy season on your hands.

As much as we talk about the FG inexperience of other young blokes in the team Maiko has only had 46 FG games - still an apprentice.

I am not making excuses for him, but pointing out possible reasons.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Based on performance, future performance and length of good performance 

Gutho
Moses
RCG
Hopgood
Lomax"
17 seconds ago
ParraPride replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"1. RCG
2. Moses
3. Hopgood
4. Lomax
5. Gutherson"
58 seconds ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"This is tough. A short list of players:

Gutho
RCG
Paulo
Lomax
Moses
Jennings (2 good seasons)
Manu Mau
Papalii (2 good seasons)
Carty (2nd good seasons so far)
Sivo (2 good seasons)
Beau Scot