Maika Sivo possibly on the move

According to nine news, Sivo's manager has emailed other clubs for expressions of interest for 2022.

Personally I am on the fence with this decision.  I love Sivo but he didn't improve as much as I thought he would last year. After all we have done for him, I would hate to see him at another club. The other thought is whether the club is happy to see him go?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 2019 version no brainer. 2020 version - let him go.  When he learns to run to gaps not to shoulders and use his assets to better advantage , the great fend, the 20-60 power speed he will be a top 5 winger.  His power game is just a forward runing into forward. 

• As we all saw, Sivo appeared to go backwards last year. I wonder if that was a few things all coming together to his disadvantage?

One, our attack became slow and predictable. We rarely got the ball to him where he was 1-on-1 or even 1-on-2, or with space to build up speed. Two, he just did not get involved enough sometimes. He stuck to the wing; no roving etc. Three, as Paul noted, he seemed to aim for shoulders and not even the outside of any shoulder. I wonder if he lost some confidence and reverted to what probably worked in lower grades, or bash and barge? Better defenders who knew what to expect wised up to it. I think after his hit on Tedesco, opposing defensive coaches instructed "go low, never high", and Sivo just ran too straight and predictable?

• Actually we should think about Tedescos running style hit and back off rather than trying to run through 

• Daz, 100% right.  His strength is all arms and shoulders.   By cutting low it totaly knocked him about. His calfs were hurting and becuase he doesnt have the initial 10 metres of say JAC pace he is just getting chomped .   He has to chnage his style to bring in a jog or lighter feet or increase speed , lose body mass or run a slightly different arc so he is not a marker fodder. 

• Happy for him to go. I'd love a more intelligent winger.

• His form last year certainly wasnt anywhere near the same as in 2019. Be interesting to see how he goes this year.

• This reply was deleted.
    • It would be nice if Dunster was given first crack.

• I hope we keep him, he just needs to be given the right guidance. Would hate to see him go elsewhere and reach his potential.

• I wouldn't throw the kitchen sink at him. If he goes, there will be others who can take his place. In fact the club should really be looking now at who will be playing on the wings in a couple of year's time.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Offside replied to Muttman's discussion Moses Injury Update (from NRL Physio)
"Whilst the loss of Mich is huge it will be a great reviler of the culture in the club Penrith and Melbourne get injuries but you never truly write them off because the next man up approxh and jersey culture means they are never out.

If we compete…"
23 minutes ago
adnan replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Was blaze that good? I think he is very raw and maybe needs another yr "
31 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I wonder if the have Lomax on Right and move Penisini to left. Penisini is a Centre that can adapt, where Lomax has the pass that has him needed on the right.
But I think Lomax would be happy as long as it is Centre in a good team."
48 minutes ago
Slugg replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"I think the club  is doing the right thing not paying 600 k to  800k for a good first grade player that can boost our chances of winning comp when they can sign 3 or 4 players for the same money that may boost our chances of winning a reserve grade…"
55 minutes ago
More…