Let's get an opinion here

So thought of something, this is fantasy and for pure discussion purposes, let's say a player who has signed elsewhere (Reed for argument sakes) their deal did not go through, leaving us able to re-sign them obviously Parramatta would low ball them again as a up yours but let's say Reed took 450K and stayed how would the fans react after what has unfolded over the last 24 hours?

There will be relief and hatred i imagine, followed by some hypocrisy and backtracking.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nah I think he'd be off to dolphins then. besides if it's true that money was equal he chose to leave for a reason. 

• It's like leaving your wife for a hot little 20 year old only to come crawling back when she dumps you a week later. You choose to go, you be gone, you stay gone.

• I will be partying brother . I assume though he would not take anything less than our previous highest offer. 

• It is all hypothetical though, so for argument sake he does is what i am saying haha. Pretty much curious to see how fans will react if it so happens he has to stay.

• I would be telling him to go fuck himself. Spite has served me well over the years, I won't be changing any time soon :)

• "spite has served me well"

Fucking LoL kram, and yes, yes it has

• you're a bad man, kram.

and i like it.

• Eye on the prize!  In your hypothetical scenario, I would  be an adult and welcome him back as he would assist us winning and at the end of the day wining games and a premiership is what it is about. I am more interested in success than wining an argument or protecting ones ego, so welcome back and let's get on with it.  
    I don't see this like a marriage, there is no relationship or love here, it is a professional working relationship. We pay the players what they are worth and they put in their best efforts, done. 

• I don't agree. Supporting a footy team is all about passion and emotion. It is not ALL about winning premierships and nothing else - if that was the case fans would be supporting one of Melbourne, The Roosters or The Panthers.

The question was how the fans would react. The fans don't have a "professional working relationship" with the club - thier relationship is built on passion, love and emotion - just like a marriage.

I agree with ScottX - you be gone, you stay gone.

• Fair enough. I support the Eels because as a boy I lived in O'Connel St Parramatta. Not for any other reason, I grew up looking at Cumberland oval. So I can't support a "better" team. I want my team to win and that is all I want from them. 
        I am pragmatic about my football team, not as emotionally passionate as others. When I paid my platinum membership for two at Bank West I wanted and expected wins, not a good show and passionately losing. So that is my relationship with the team, I pay my membership, I want them to win and as a fan I would welcome Mahoney back in this hypothetical scenario. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

BEM posted a discussion
NRL rocked by death of former NSW and Kangaroos centre Terry Hill at 52

The rugby league community is in mourning following the death of former NSW and Kangaroos star Terry Hill at the age of 52.

The Daily Telegraph is reporting the former NRL…
9 minutes ago
Tin Tim replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Well I was thinking Parra would lift, the team lift for BA. But finding out Terry Hill has died from a hart attack in the Philippines, I think Manly will lift for this match also. R.I.P. Tezza, I hope this ain't a joke. He was a hard player & a…"
10 minutes ago
Frank The Tank replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"100000% anyone but BA is my opinion.
11 seasons and that's it - fuck off."
14 minutes ago
Frank The Tank replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"HOE this one is your best effort yet - I'd rate it masterclass in previewing an NRL game and a masterpiece work 
Pity this can't be published for the wider NRLs audiences digestion.
I fear a lot of what you say on here wont improve this year and…"
17 minutes ago
More…