Legal Question

If a person takes up a new job with probation conditions attached to the job and he or she is required to read these conditions and if agreeable sign and return within 14 days but doesn't receive the letter outlining these conditions and the signature required until after he or she has already started the job and then he or she realises they don't agree with those probation conditions where does this person stand? Can he or she request that they are returned at the employers expense if the job is some distance from their original location or are they basically stuffed because they have already started work for the company?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If one looks at the so called union militants power, we should also look at similar organisations that represent business and various companies and their powers.  Business council of Australia,  Farmers Federation, Chamabers of commerce, that operate in most rural area's especially have powers in the larger rural towns/cities are three that immediately spring to mind, but in the past before I was medically retired I came across many more, many would be surprised at how they can control the workplace under what is seen as neutral organisations, and only representing those businesses that are their members.

• This reply was deleted.
              • That's a well put together short application that should be considered more than it is.

Thanks for posting it Tad.

• The world is basically divided between the have's and the have nots, we have a state government that has a fellow who is passionate in his desire to remove employee's from certain areas so as to have everything automated, and the machine runs the service, he's a terminator and despite his at times soft demeanour lurks someone that most don't see. 

Businesses are booming with wealth at the top, but slowly they are being caught out in the underpaying of staff, thing is they work towards fully automated businesses with machines taking over the work.  Look to the supremarkets and how even the store managers now wear the same clothes as all the other staff, self service check outs, with one person in the boxed area of around 20 self service shopping baskets, their job is to help, but also to make sure that everything is put through the faceless checkouts. Only a few have options to get cash out, after all we don't need the folding stuff anymore as the little plastic cards does it all, but even those will be redundant when we are barcoded ourselves, in an area that wont be covered up, and people see the facial recognitions camera's that are now widespread across China as being a good thing as it will capture the crooks, but how can they when the crooks don't go outside their ruling rooms?

• Tad, also a way of making the generations as feable in knowledge is to teach them nothing about what has happened in the world since, what I believe in Creation or those who believe in the big bang, what is taught about the times between those two views and today?  No one needs to know about history, geography unless you want to teach it in narrow confines, as its in the past and irrelivent.  No longer needing to learn by our mistakes of mistakes of/in history but just accept them as the norm, or shrug shoulders and say Huh!

All that is needed as far as knowledge is concerned is what is found on ones thumbs machine as you scroll through endless screens of nothingness, and then have a panic attack when you run out of battery power, and left the charge chord at home.

• Tad,  Learn by the lessons in life, and allow life to be a lesson in learning.

I am thankful that I have a pretty fair memory and love to watch things on the box that really shows abilities of humans over the years, a favourite show of mine is Barnyard Builders, the southern drawl talk at times gets a bit much but its what can be learnt from old skills and history in the buildings is great.

One thing though with my memory, I am starting to notice there are areas where I am having a bit of difficulty in remembering some items, not a big concern --yet!

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
1 hour ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
2 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
2 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
2 hours ago
More…