Latrell Mitchell to Souths - WTF?!?!?

Souths has offered Mitchell a contract for $400k for 1 season - he is the current test centre, SOO player and one of top 10 players in the game. He knocked back offers more than double this amount. 

Can anyone explain to me how Souths can get this deal approved by the NRL?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Actually its 2 years at 600k a year but Roosters are paying $120k. With match payments, origin and test etc he will be on exactly the same as this year at the Roosters.

That being said, he was offered $1mill a season by the Tigers so he is losing out.

I dont have a massive issue with it

• He probably won't even get selected for origin 

• Lol good one 

• Yeah I can't see how he could force his way back in. I guess if he's lucky things might fall into place for him. E.g. if a there is an injury to Tedesco, turbo will move to fullback. Also wighton might get picked at 6. But even then I can't imagine Freddy will overjoyed to bring him back in, he might be just lucky there aren't many options at centre.

• Good fit for him at Souths, and will give Roosters an extra 2 million to spend on another Marquee player.

• This reply was deleted.
    • I think Roosters will only throw in 60k per year but he won't be poor anyways.Souths will have a pretty good backline though with Latrell, Gagai, Burns, Roberts and Johnston.

Although I can see either Gagai or Johnston leaving

• He is the current test centre

• Big Brown paper bag 

• No issue cap wise as already contracted this year for 600k with roosters so can't really deny contract for 600k this year.  If Souths try register for less than 600 may have issue and contract still hasn't been approved by salary cap auditor.

Souths should have that after NRL granted Inglis and burgess medical retirements and Arrow not coming to 2021.  Then they have year to offload players for upgrade in 2021. 

Only sticking point is roosters said they will release Mitchell to anyone but Souths.  So I  doubt they will release him unless Souths pay his full contract for this year reimbursing roosters for wages already paid. So Souths aren't going get him cheap

• What I have heard is the deal for this year at Souths is $600k, on top of that the Roosters will pay $120k for his contracted period up to the time he signed with Souths, $720k for this year and Souths will upgrade his contact in 2021 when Gagai and Johnson leave.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Simonsson for me and just slot Sivo back on the wing."
7 minutes ago
KENDOZA replied to Frankie Fong's discussion A MESSAGE FROM THE FONG
"💯 Frankie,
I can't imagine what that poor bloke both of them are going through.Football at the end of the day doesn't matter those lazy pricks last night don't give two shits about the fans win or lose they still get paid.
But the poor fans fork out…"
7 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Why would you care or pay any attention what opposition fans think about our players.What are you expecting them to say they have a love affair with them.
As for Gutho I think because everyone is comparing him to the athletic freaks that exist in…"
9 minutes ago
Prof. Daz replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"As an academic, I feel I'm an expert in knowing when "it's all academic". And in the case of Gutho, it's all academic, he is clearly busted, evident in his grimacing and in the fact he is not running any sweep plays. Also a case of "it's all…"
12 minutes ago
More…