Latrell and Wighton charged after brawl in Canberra

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-news-2023-latrell-mitchell-and-jack-wighton-alleged-hotel-fight-in-canberra-arrested-latest-updates/news-story/2351fedf5656508153e3716ecd6f895f?fbclid=IwAR0_tiYkd9rgn0VZOmZPnqIv5JT3A1EfPoLRF6frZAxLfzGYwq7bsFaZInw&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

I tried copying the link to a Fox Sports article that has Latrell Mitchell charged with affray and resist arrest in Canberra and Jack Wighton with affray after a night of boozing to celebrate Wighton 30th.  This happened last night.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Very well said JE

• Many more, upward of 370 " nations" based on language groups, however the unifying factor is a shared cultural heritage. It's similar in a way to European countries having different languages and variations of cultural practices, but sharing similar enough cultural heritage to fall under a moniker like " Western civilization".

To your point about more indigenous peoples being killed by others, if you're speaking about about indigenous people in Australia then you'd be hard pressed to back up that statmen with actually facts.

Large scale conflict between indigenous nations prior to European arrival was exceedingly rare because of cultural beliefs. Each indigenous nation believes they belonged to an area and are its caretakers, and therefore don't covert or seek to take conquer or take over the territory of others, removing the prime history driver of conflict between groups, competing for resources or territory.

• so the only reason they objected to the white arrival was due to skin colour and race ?   Or are you going to tell us that they didn't want conflict with whites and were welcoming of their arrival from the very first meeting ? 

• John Eel stop making sense John. That's very well articulated and well done. 

• My indigenous mate who is a respected elder will tell you that now they're all fighting over performing " welcome to country " and smoke cerimonies because like buying a franchise they can't agree on who's area is who's . Families are bickering and bitching over parks m schools and council buildings because they are making upwards of 2K per event and they all think their mob owns the land 😂.  

You can't tell me there wasn't wars between tribes over fishing and food sources always. 

• Original owners of the land lol.  Can I ask something Victor , do you own a house ? 

• If so, Victor needs to hand it over. Paying the rent isn't enough. If someone stole my house I wouldn't be happy if they decided to pay me $15 a week for it. They need to get the fuck out so I can move back in, or charge what I like.

• Yup, exactly my point. I am yet to hear one logical answer from the " stolen land " people as to why they feel they're entitled not to sign their own properties back over to the local indigenous mob or charity. Imagine the gap they could start to mend if all of these supporters of " always was always will be " fucktards actually went and handed back their properties instead of just wearing t shirts and saying " deadly " on Facebook comments sections. 

Fucking hypocrites.  

• Poppa,  never had a single issue with anyone in all my years on this site.  I bow to you. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Prof. Daz posted a discussion
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
6 seconds ago
Poppa replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Well Lomax will be a lot more expensive, Carty would have been on minimum for most of the time and probably only 350/400 now. Carty is not that marketable unless he sell himself attached to the coach LOL"
32 minutes ago
"Thanks Hoe, agree with what you said.
I tried to specifically generalise about player valuations and use Lomax as an example. To answer Sluggo who was taking the piss, I can accept the premise he is making but I personally had overlooked Waqa as an…"
36 minutes ago
"Well thought out and expressed Slippery.... you raise good points about circumstantial valuations."
49 minutes ago
More…