Kaufusi Gone

Looks like Kaufusi has signed with Cronulla for 2023. 2023 our squad is looking thinner and thinner. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 1.2mil for 3yrs isn't starting money...sharks got a bargain. But in saying that, I ain't fussed. Bring on Ogden!!!

• $400k per year is starting money for an average to good level prop.

• Totally agree muttman, kaufusi really should be looking to be a starter by 2023 and if he isn't by then then it's no great loss anyway.

• Exactly this.

• DT reporting a 1.2mil deal for 3 years at sharks.

Oregon wants the opportunity to start & he's obviously stuck behind RCG & Paulo for 4 years at the Eels.

Massive shame but can understand it from his point of view.

• What has he done to force either RCG or Juniour out of the starting positions? He's taking the easy option if he goes to the Sharks, rather than putting in the hard yards and improving his game to oust one of the two incumbents. 

And he drops too much ball. 

• I don't think he is high up the pecking order anymore Makatoa is ahead of him now and Grieg both would be cheaper as well he will not be a starter at Parra so good on him if he gets a go at the Sharks 

• Big difference though is Oregon is young and has more game time into the future he's 22 whereas Maka is 29 come january, wont get 4 years out of him.

While there has been good signings by the club, losing a player as young as Oregon is a big dissapointment, while he has had some injuries along with dropped ball, he's still young and quite capable as a prop or 2nd row, thing is another development player as such is leaving, to be replaced by an import!

• Good luck to Oregan, its a tick regarding our development which is a positive 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Peter Robinson's discussion Taking the 2
"I will put my hand up and say at the time I wanted them to take the two for that converted try lead, hindsight is beautiful ain't it?"
34 seconds ago
Peter Robinson posted a discussion
I'm sorry but watching this team over the last 5-6 years with skilled players. Big forwards and strong halves. Once we try and defend our 20 we have been the worst in the league.its been that way for years. Moses long kicking has protected us for so…
5 minutes ago
Frank The Tank replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Some people get promoted above their station in life - BA is a prime example of this.
People say BA will get another gig in the NRL, honestly I dont think there will be many if any clubs looking for his style of coaching......
He knows it that's why…"
6 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"To be honest I can see us getting it very easily. Titans would of smashed us, tigers have beat us. I think we are on a sinking ship. "
13 minutes ago
More…