Junior Paulo Extends till 2026

The Parramatta Eels are happy to announce that we have re-signed front-row forward Junior Paulo on a four-year contract extension until the end of the 2026 season.

Making his NSW Origin debut in 2020,  Junior has made his mark as one of the NRL’s best front rowers.

Mark O’Neill, Parramatta Eels Club General Manager of Football said, “Junior is not just a skilful front rower, he is an asset to the Club both on and off the field. His selection into the NSW Origin team is a testament to his ability and the hard work he puts into his game.”

As a Parramatta Eels junior, he made his NRL debut for the Parramatta Eels in 2013 and is now approaching 200 NRL games.

A popular player amongst teammates, staff and fans, Junior also dedicates his time helping to inspire the next generation through his role as the Club’s ambassador for PCYC.

The Club is delighted that Junior, Mele and their children will continue to be part of our Blue and Gold family.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm very happy with Jnr's signature. That would have been a very difficult negotiation given the outside interest and Jnr's scumbag manager. So big Kudos to the club for getting that done! Jim and co have done very well and should be congratulated. Ditto for the RCG deal. That was terrific.

The only one I'm upset about is Reed. That's it! 

I expected Marata to leave. No one can blame him for taking that deal.
        I was disappointed to lose Papalii for sure. However I do understand given his role and the younger guys coming through that we had to limit the offer. I completely accept that.
        Stone no issues either.
        However Reed was part of our young spine. A high calibre player on and off the field, he appeared to truly love the jersey and is exactly the type of player you need in order to build ongoing success. To allow him to sign elsewhere for probably 100k difference (per year) is simply insane. It makes zero sense, it's a massive loss despite signing Hodgson who, whilst a great player is definitely no longer in his prime. We also lose that cohesion and communication that comes with playing together for years.
        These are not the types of moves we should be making to build towards a Premiership. I'm still so confused by it and don't understand how it came to this. It just doesn't make sense at all. I also don't understand why Reed would want to join the Bulldogs. WTF is he thinking??

• You're right. There's something odd about the whole Reed thing. It will come out sooner or later.

• So you don't buy the narrative that Reed really wanted to play for the Dogs and the money was only a secondary concern ? 

• I honestly don't know. He very clearly wants to play for the Bulldogs. He's actually still not registered for 2023 yet. He could take up offers from the Eels or Dolphins tomorrow. 
            This is why I just don't get it. If he was only 100k per year away from the Eels why not work something out? Some incentives for example. It just shows he wasn't particularly interested in staying an Eel. The offers weren't that far off. 
            Maybe he got fed up with being lowballed? Maybe Gus sold him a story he couldn't resist. Maybe it's something else entirely. But it's definitely something. Mahoney signing for the Bulldogs just doesn't make sense on so many levels. I believe there's so much more to this we don't know. 

• I think the appeal of the Bulldogs is he becomes the prime playmaker. He gets a shot to try and make himself into a Cam Smith style hooker that runs the team. At the Eels he was always going to be behind Mitch and Gutho in terms of leading the game.

Fwiw I think it's a bad move, the Bulldogs should have bought themselves out of a wooden spoon, but their team has a few very expensive rocks and diamonds players, it ain't a team I'd want to lead.

I'm sure the money was a bit better, but I'd say it's more to do with the vision that Gus and co sold him on him becoming the Bulldogs Cam Smith.

• Hmmm the 4th year given to Jnr was the clincher, why wasn't the same offered to Mahoney?

• WTF 2026. That's way too much. 🤦🏼‍♂️ 2024 would've been ideal. Desperate by parra imo

• How is signing one of the best props in the game who is just entering his prime on a 4 year deal desperate?

• I think BEM it's a case of always something to complain about!!! If he signs it's for too long if he doesn't retention and recruitment and BA are the worst and have no idea!  

• It's bleak outlook for dolphins fans. looking like 2023 wooden spooners so far.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Muttman replied to Axel's discussion Sivo impressing Arthur but Eels recall still on hold
"He's a goer for sure. Runs really hard and enjoys the contact. He's an upgrade on Sivo for sure "
23 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Tex Hoy
"Boy, could we do with a winger and a back up fullback? What do you reckon Bradley, could he be a back up? Is he better than say Lume lumie. some of those other first graders currently playing in reggies?
Actually I know fcuk all about him. just a…"
25 minutes ago
Axel posted a discussion
Why Friday's clash with the Dolphins might be a tipping point for Arthur and the EelsMike Meehall WoodEditorROAR Friday night’s clash between Parramatta and the Dolphins is likely to be a hot one – and not just because the game is being held in the…
33 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Tex Hoy
"Listen clearly Bradley.....I know that's what your mother used to say, and of course I understand that mum was very strict with you....
But I did not mention lateral movement, I actuallly said he is a good mover that shows promise, poor defensively…"
38 minutes ago
More…