Jordan Rankin signs with the Eels

The Parramatta Eels have signed utility back Jordan Rankin for the remainder of the year and the 2021 season, he commenced training with the squad today. 

Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said, “We are all excited to welcome Jordan to our squad for 2020 and 2021. Jordan is of sound character and brings over 160 games worth of experience in a number of positions across both Super League and NRL competitions. Jordan can also kick goals which adds depth and quality to our overall roster."

Formerly a Gold Coast Titans and Wests Tigers player, Jordan joined the English Super League in 2017 playing for Huddersfield before joining Castleford last year.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wanna know what's funny? Lurker commented on my post about this exact topic, but here he is starting a new one. 

• Because you were making silly assumptions that he was signed cause Gutho was apparently injured.

• Just watched a highlights package of Rankin.  Might be slightly better than I recalled.  Runs nice holes and is similar to Gutho in the middle.  Not getting excited yet but 160 First grade games is not to be sneezed at. 

• Will Smith 2.0

• I hope haze dunster and the other young fella who played well in the trials are before him. Need to keep backing our juniors give them a shot

• Jordan Rankin has been signed for two reasons, firstly we needed to fill out our roster by June 30, you will see a bunch of teams make these kinds of deals with fringe players up until the deadline, & secondly, if we do get an injury to someone like Gutho or Fergo late in the season, we don't want to be throwing a rookie into the fire of finals or late season footy, we want a guy who has played a bit of NRL footy and won't be overawed by the occasion.

Haze Dunster looks like a very promising player for the future, but round 20 or the first week of the finals are not the times when you want to throw him in for a debut. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Parra just need to stick to there process and add when we need to.
Lomax has all the potential which to this time is unrealised and that's before talking about money.
Blaize Sanders Penisini AMS you really want to see if these guys are something and…"
3 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
" We needed lomax before Talagi came on the scene. If a crystal ball would show us Blaize turns out to be an excellent centre, we would not be chasing Lomax.
Would Blaize hang around for 2 seasons to cement a FG spot?
Lomax would be worth every penny…"
14 minutes ago
Seth hardy replied to Avon Barksdale's discussion NRL admits bunker got it wrong on roosters obstruction call
"I said in a previous post that common sense has gone out the window with refereeing  today. There  all basically clones to a system. In other words they are as dumb as dog shit. "
18 minutes ago
Pork Rind replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I think Lomax hanging around with Corey Norman too much  while he was there. We don't need anymore of these players in our team"
36 minutes ago
More…