Jordan Rankin

Alot of people are going on about how hard done by Rankin has been.

I don't get all the love for him he has been playing professionally since 2008.

Across 6 clubs he has put together 164 games never established himself in any of those 6 clubs. The bulk of his 1st grade was played on the wing for the tigers.

We are in a position where we are sitting good on the comp our 1st choice 5/8 is suspended the 1st choice back up is injured.

Why not give young Arthur chance we can only get upside down the track from 3 weeks experience at the top of the game as opposed to a journey man who excels in reserve grade.

I dare say part if the reason Rankin was signed was to add experience for the reserves to help develop players like Arthur and Russell for a NRL minimum wage and get to keep playing at his age I think Rankin is doing alright.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mate true enough, but thought Rankin was the logical choice, more experience, older head. But all kudos to Jakob, hope he plays the house down

• If Rankin is so crap, why would you want him around the juniors to help develop them?

• Not crap

Just not a 1st grade player.

A player like him and oldfield in reserve grade they play vital roles in mentoring and development.

• One thing Offside the argument here is the first choice back up (will smith) is that JA is next in line.

Now all the rhetoric about Jordan's role as a journey man etc is fine but the argument is the first choice backup any different to Rankin's in position on the totem poll.....i.e. I would have Rankin over Will because I think he is a better player (subjectively).

Now I would play JA ahead of Will even if Will was available, but I think people can see where I am coming from in terms of hipocrisy.

My question to anybody interested would you be playing Will Smith this weekend if he was available?.....my guess is you would think so, given everything that he has been backed with this year....Will Smith that is.

I would still have JA for all the reasons everyone has said about blooding a younf player!

• Some of the best coaches and trainers have been average players . 

• Good question 

• I think it really answers itself though Monto .  It's like asking if BA was an average player why would you want him coaching blokes thatve played for NSW and Australia  ? 

• Simple answer, dumb question!

• This reply was deleted.
      • Add in Trant Robinson with his 4 games

• Rankin was signed specifically for Reserve Grade to help the development of players like JA. Rankin himself has confirmed this. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"When was the last time a premiership was won with an expensive centre?
It's not the formula to success "
7 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I agree Mutts, I actually don't mind us going with him at Centre and forgetting Lomax. "
21 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Johnny Suede's discussion Clubs monitoring status of Jake Arthur
"Hmmm maybe I will have to reconsider my comment as you are making some very good points 😂"
22 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Melbourne badly need middles too, not sure why they would get rid of one of their best."
23 minutes ago
More…