John Fonua

Looked good in the trial match - strong runner, knows his way to the try line, nice passes. Thought his defence looked good if I am remembering correctly. Does anyone know anything about him? Think he is 20 this year.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We'll wait and see, Penrith will be a much tougher opposition though, based on what i have seen of him in Wenty i'm not conviced about all the hype he's getting. I remember a player we had back in the late 80's called Greg Drake, big frame, tall but turned out to be average at best.In contrast Oregen Kafusi is looking a very likely prospect maybe thats why they upgraded his contract and in our top 30, in my view he's a better player than Stefano from what i have seen so far.

http://best.In/
        • Now there was a name from that tough era, Greg Drake. Big guy and yes slow, but he was young when he entered NSWRL etc. shame as lots of young guys in that era could have been better with some astute coaching and recruitment alongside.

• The ''bone rattler'' Peter Johnston was young to back then and he turned out as tough as teak.

• He was superb and had the headgear to with it. Saw him shorten up Ian Roberts at Brookvale one day. We had some useful juniors (Mahon, Liddiard, Bell, Penna and more) back then, but old heads were a little over the hill.

• Is this guy still with the club?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nightmare Off-Season replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Pops, greaty post & points.

Part of that lack of belief / confidence in the group could also be stemming from the Eels inability to finish inside red zones, due to missing those outside backs (and attacking strategies) you speak of who turn…"
4 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"LB I think Brad is really starting to feel the pressure and hearing the noise. He as all coaches know our game is result driven and the buck stops with the coach. 
Ethan has ability and a good kicking game. Brad needs him to bring it to first grade.…"
9 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
" HOE, monumental effort compiling so much information, statistics & evidence into one blog & keeping it compelling throughout.
 As Frank said, this might just be your best work yet. Thankyou for putting such time in, it's appreciated.

I find it…"
20 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Blue Eel's discussion The Truth Hurts: Article
"Says the man with Homer as his avatar, it does need explaining Hugo because you are criticising professionals and showing no respect in the process....Wiz is much more interested in toilet training and is unquestionably qualified as an expert in…"
25 minutes ago
More…