John Fonua

Looked good in the trial match - strong runner, knows his way to the try line, nice passes. Thought his defence looked good if I am remembering correctly. Does anyone know anything about him? Think he is 20 this year.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We'll wait and see, Penrith will be a much tougher opposition though, based on what i have seen of him in Wenty i'm not conviced about all the hype he's getting. I remember a player we had back in the late 80's called Greg Drake, big frame, tall but turned out to be average at best.In contrast Oregen Kafusi is looking a very likely prospect maybe thats why they upgraded his contract and in our top 30, in my view he's a better player than Stefano from what i have seen so far.

http://best.In/
        • Now there was a name from that tough era, Greg Drake. Big guy and yes slow, but he was young when he entered NSWRL etc. shame as lots of young guys in that era could have been better with some astute coaching and recruitment alongside.

• The ''bone rattler'' Peter Johnston was young to back then and he turned out as tough as teak.

• He was superb and had the headgear to with it. Saw him shorten up Ian Roberts at Brookvale one day. We had some useful juniors (Mahon, Liddiard, Bell, Penna and more) back then, but old heads were a little over the hill.

• Is this guy still with the club?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Muttman replied to Axel's discussion Sivo impressing Arthur but Eels recall still on hold
"He's a goer for sure. Runs really hard and enjoys the contact. He's an upgrade on Sivo for sure "
44 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Tex Hoy
"Boy, could we do with a winger and a back up fullback? What do you reckon Bradley, could he be a back up? Is he better than say Lume lumie. some of those other first graders currently playing in reggies?
Actually I know fcuk all about him. just a…"
46 minutes ago
Axel posted a discussion
Why Friday's clash with the Dolphins might be a tipping point for Arthur and the EelsMike Meehall WoodEditorROAR Friday night’s clash between Parramatta and the Dolphins is likely to be a hot one – and not just because the game is being held in the…
54 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Tex Hoy
"Listen clearly Bradley.....I know that's what your mother used to say, and of course I understand that mum was very strict with you....
But I did not mention lateral movement, I actuallly said he is a good mover that shows promise, poor defensively…"
59 minutes ago
More…