Replies

• Biggest difference between Jake and Dylan I see so far.

Is Dylan is alot of natural talent.

Jake is alot of hard work.

Dylan may well be a better player but talent only gets you so far.

• Great comment offside .  He has a great work ethic and fitness bar.  That means he can compete , stay in the contest , and hopefully show resilience.  If he does the little things right he won't be noticed but we win .  Great moment for both dad and son .  Let's all get behind them !!

• From what I've heard Dylan Brown is one of Parra's hardest trainers.

• Sometimes young players who are given big wraps and have high expectations put on them can be vulnerable to criticisms if they have a sub parr performance. He will have to learn resilience and not let others take control of his headspace. Being the coaches son who has also copped a lot of criticisms in the past may be an additional burden to carry..I hope BA can be a good mentor to his son in this regard to focus entirely on self-development and use criticisms as a motivator rather than a confidence destroyer. The best thing he can do is to simply do his job and use this experience as an initial stepping stone. Huge responsibility as an 18-year-old half. in his first game at an elite level.I wish him all the best.

• Well put Alan and maybe somewhat forgotten, both of these boys work hard....I don't think we need to disect their integrity or ability at this particular point. Sterling,Kenny, Ella we might be one day saying Moses, Brown and Arthur

• I didn't mean to imply he isn't obviously he would have to be but I mean some skills that are more natural he won't have to work as hard at.

The players like JT were natural but learnt early the value of extras and hard work and skill building 

• "Hard work beats talent, when talent refuses to work hard"

As a football (soccer) coach, I will always take the player with the lesser talent that works hard and shows continual improvement than the most talented player who just shows up.

• Ive said it in other blogs, to me he doesn't look ready for first grade. and I agree with Joey in saying things dont come naturally to him. He struggles with his timing on simple dump off plays. He may have the smarts and a high IQ but at this stage his skills and natural ability don't match up with that.

I think he is going to have a very basic role. Moses and Gutho will do all the attacking work and young Arthur will just have to do the simple things well and with enthusiasm. I def wouldn't be comparing his playing style to Cleary or expecting anything other than a game of doing the 1%ers with an attention to detail.

To me he needs 12-18 months of NSW Cup, but im not the expert. I'm also not convinved his future will be in the halves. When he fills out I think he'll end up a 13. or even a back rower in the Matto mould. I for one will not be bagging him or his selection regardless of how he goes other than to say there is NO other rookie in the history of BA's coaching that has had as fast a rise or been chosen in a week where they can't even train with the side. He's always been known to take the safer option. Whether its because he knows Jake in-side out or becuase he's had him around the joint since he was a little kid he's gone outside his usual thinking and given him a run and the young fella needs to be backed no matter what happens.

• I agree GWF it is an unusual risk BA is taking and I hope it does not backfire. I suspect JA  will try to do things simply and not take too many risks in an attack. role. No doubt he will be tested out by the warriors

• GW, lets not forget that Reed, if he plays can also take a lot of heat of Jake, also in a couple of the NSW cup matches I saw him play in, he was quick into the DH role and has a pretty fair kicking game as well. If Jake does come on to start & if Reed is cleared then I would say that there could well be a mix of the 4 players taking part in the 5/8 role that he is picked in.  Having Stone on the bench also provides an additional player that can fit into the D/H role with Reed floating.

Probably wrong though.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

macybrown replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Gosh if we can't win this with the amount of injureds they have it's a big worry🤞"
6 minutes ago
macybrown replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"It's a worry that Gutho " wasn't able to train thru the week" hope it's not the unspeakable going on there."
9 minutes ago
macybrown replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"Too right HKF! That's exactly what should be happening. Best for him and definitely best for team too. "
15 minutes ago
Fiddy replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Eels will win in a very close, ugly game"
26 minutes ago
More…