Replies

• Sounds committed and hard working, fingers crossed kicks Dylan brown in the arse and change of attitude other his spot might be lost to Jakob 

• I have not really seen enough of him to make judgements, that said I have this view that he is not disimilar to Cleary in many ways outside of the father coach thing. He seems incredibly relaxed and in control and seemingly has the thing that you can't teach "time".

His role on the weekend will be making up as much as possible the defence that Dyllan offers, my guess is his kicking game is already better than Dyllan's, who has gone backwards in that respect IMO. Whilst some may say he won't get a kick, my guess is 5/8 is such a spontaneous position that he will find himself needing to. Finally he also appeals to me as a player who you ask to do something, he will. 

Good luck Jacob with the critics on here I hope you have don't have thin skin. There will be people on here that won't be able to wait to put the knife or the boot in. Whilst I hope he is smart enough to not read sites like ours, I am not sure about Dyllan, I can see himself being very uncomfortable if he reads here and I feel that his confidence is now no where near as it was originally, hopefully not because of the polarisation of disecting a 21 year old. I'm sure his family don't like it either.

• Agree.

He may not have reached some fan's expectations, but he's coming along and just needs a bit of a refresh. Having Jake debut is great for himself, the team and I reckon even Brown. He's a talent, does his job and let's Mitch run the game management. He'll be back and better for it.

• I doubt that he will reach some on this sites expectations, as he's behind the 8 ball with his surname.

My hope is simple, that he plays well. and does what his coach wants of him, and he comes out of the game with credibility beyond what some would prefer.

He only needs to play the role that is given to him, I back the eels to win, and on that would love to see him be the first try scorer.

• By the third game I hope he plays what's in front of him, and what the coach asks of him 

• Well there ya go, I blogged the other night Jacob plays the Cleary style. We agree on this one Pops 

I hope he gets to play all 3 games,  for one the FG experience and playing with the big boys will help his development., but as much as I rag on Dylan he needs to be in the Eels 17, just not sure it's the 6 

• "organise your forwards and then defend strong" - Good luck Jakob on your debut. You'll do just fine.

• Might also be DBrown's instructions as well??? Seems to be exactly what he does.

• I must say I for one and pretty excited to see how this story pans out on Sunday. The last week our team has had a lot of bad press, all the good teams get that kind of press though. Whether it be storm's dirty tactics, penrith's smugness or rooster salary cap. I hope we just react like those teams and come out with a us vs the world mentality. Then there is the debut of the coaches son, which I think can only go 2 ways. 1- he plays absolutely awful or 2- he has an absolute blinder. I personally believe it won't be in the middle and he goes just ok. I hope the team really shows up for him and he puts all this hard work into action and he really stands up. 

• I hope our big boys look after him. The warriors will push him, cause he will be under the spotlight. I think Nathan Brown will look after him 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Simmonson? Ferguson?"
2 minutes ago
Inside Info replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Good list, think Danny Wicks too"
11 minutes ago
Mannah-Brow replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 7 Team List v Dolphins
"Hopefully Blaize has been doing tackling practice because what he has dished up so far in first grade has been pretty poor."
13 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"I don't know how I missed Moses - definitely top 3. "
34 minutes ago
More…