Jennings Money

I thought it would be interesting to hear what you blokes think we need in our team. What kind of player should target with Jennings salary? Would you be looking to add a back like Braidon Burns or should we target a foward?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Pay another club to take Waqa and find ourselves a quality defensive Center. 

I think the rest of the team is gelling well and we just need to keep the squad together for at least another 2 years in this Premiership window.

• Either that or hope like hell that Penesini starts showing form like we thought he could show and then we can move Waqa onto Fergo's wing.

• Agree fui edge defense has been a problem in the past. I wouldn't mind showing Waqa the door he's got ability but to me he's coming across a bit lazy. I wouldn't mind keeping Fergo for cheap but there's better younger players out there. 

• Keep Waqa. Keep Fergs

build Penisini and Haze and young Jakob, we have some great young ones busting to get into nsw Cup and those in nsw cup getting a shot in NRL

RELAX  our bushy got this ... but it is he who could do with an assistant or two

our fwd stocks are looking good, be good to know if Sam Hughes is ok.

I think the way we are heading, those 'strike' players will come to us 

• I don't think there are any quality backs available to sign immediately. 

The money will go to bump up a couple of contracts or elevate Roache to the top 30.

• We need to resign and partially upgrade who we have here, Cartwright and Moses priorities.  Brown possibly on slightly less coin.  I doubt we'll resign fergo unless it's on a greatly reduced 1 year deal.

Matto will take his player option.

We'll probably be in the market for a couple of outside backs and a middle forward 

• These top 17 players are off contract for 2022 (i.e. they are free to negotiate with clubs right now):
    Opacic
    Ferguson
    Moses
    Matterson
    Nrown
    Cartwright

These will be free to negotiate in November (for 2023):
    Gutherson
    Mahoney
    Paulo
    Papali'i
    Niukore
    Kaufusi

Most of these names will need an upgrade to keep them at our club.

• Way too logical and sensible Pou!

Id prefer to see the money invested in a combination of $2 scratchies and a go for gold approach while the premiership windows open. Buy Staggs or an attacking centre, or find a ball running 5/8 who can create more attacking threats. Surely Tommy turbo or Wighton could do a job at 5/8 for us. 

• You live in some fantasy world/existence if you think we are going to get Tommy Turbo fullstop......what do you think he would cost us Gary?.....I don't like Wighton but he might cost you more than  850k.

God help me.....not now Slugg, he doesn't even like soup!

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"The thing about this game that is curious and worrying to me is are Wests the real deal or was last week just a mood. I tipped Wests to beat Cronulla last week for a few reasons. 1) Was not convinced on Cronulla's past 2 performances where they were…"
6 minutes ago
BEM replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Sivo is back this round.
Lomax doesn't want to play wing at the Dragons so I doubt he would come here to play the same position.
He would replace Harper.
1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Lomax
4. Penisini 
5. Russell 
That would be the best backline we have had…"
7 minutes ago
Bup replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Lomax is nearly the perfect player Parra need to aquire.
The story's about his attitude and immaturity are prevalent and he's in a environment he doesn't want to be in .
The value here is you can get yourself a footballer for under market value due…"
22 minutes ago
Prof. Daz’s discussion was featured
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
45 minutes ago
More…