Jarryd Hayne- Trial Commences this week

As per the heading Jarryd Haynes trial commences this week.  Great image for the NRL with De Belins trial currently going on for sexual assault related offences and now Jarryd Haynes for similar.  Anyway, reading the article, it appears that he has returned from his Christian Mission in Perth and has been training with current and former members of the Eels squad in Sydney and still has hopes of returning the the NRL. I make no comment in relation to the charges, trial or allegations for obvious reasons and would ask people to do the same. ( Super if that cannot be controlled or exposes the site then comfortable with and decision you make).

If he is guilty of the offences he has been charged with, then I hope he gets what he deserves.  Likewise, if he is inncocent, I hope he gets the outcome he deserves in that regard.   If found guilty, it is career over in my opinion.

If however he is acquitted, who thinks at age 32 any NRL Club would offer him a final crack? Would anyone want him back at the Eels?  Would he be a replacement for Jennings for example? Are we better having moved on and leaving it at that?

EE

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I dunno how I would feel if he returned to us, I loved watching him play but after his stint in 2018 after when we had so much hope from the previous season and ended up with the spoon, not blaming it all on him but I think he was more of a distraction. 

If he wanted to join Parra in a assistant coaching role I think that would be a huge bonus as I think he has a great footy brain, but as a player I just think those days are over

• It's ok to have a footie brain but you still need to articulate your thoughts. Hayne - nah.

• I wish Hayne the best and I hope hes found not guilty. At 32 years of age I really cant see him offering much to any club. Hes been out of the game awhile now. 

• It is better to leave sleeping dogs lie imo EE.

The final chapter in that book was written sometime ago.

• I hope Justice prevails. 

• This reply was deleted.
    • No comment.

• There was no comment in relation to the specific allegations of any indication of  opinion regrading his guilt or innocence smart arse!

• Reading which article, ee?

• It was an article on news.com yesterday morning.

• I could see the Tigers throwing him a lifeline and play him at 5/8.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"The Panthers just re-signed / about to re-sign May on 500k per season, and have re-signed Tago on 750k (reportedly) at centre. Our 3 centres probably don't reach 750k combined. 
So while they've developed great wingers as you mentioned, they've also…"
1 hour ago
MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
6 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
7 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
7 hours ago
More…