Jarryd Hayne- Trial Commences this week

As per the heading Jarryd Haynes trial commences this week.  Great image for the NRL with De Belins trial currently going on for sexual assault related offences and now Jarryd Haynes for similar.  Anyway, reading the article, it appears that he has returned from his Christian Mission in Perth and has been training with current and former members of the Eels squad in Sydney and still has hopes of returning the the NRL. I make no comment in relation to the charges, trial or allegations for obvious reasons and would ask people to do the same. ( Super if that cannot be controlled or exposes the site then comfortable with and decision you make).

If he is guilty of the offences he has been charged with, then I hope he gets what he deserves.  Likewise, if he is inncocent, I hope he gets the outcome he deserves in that regard.   If found guilty, it is career over in my opinion.

If however he is acquitted, who thinks at age 32 any NRL Club would offer him a final crack? Would anyone want him back at the Eels?  Would he be a replacement for Jennings for example? Are we better having moved on and leaving it at that?

EE

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Probably right but if he was younger it would be a interesting experiment

• LOL Pou - when I was in my prime (20s) I ran the 100 (dinosaur measured yards) pretty quick, when I was in my 30s I WALKED compared to the young bucks, this is what we could expect from Hayne imo.

• He physically and mentally never came back from the states

• Perfect player to have in the 14 jumper. In his last season he was one of our better players in a team that was being smashed not at his fault.

His game with a smashed face vs the Dragons at round 22 -2018 was sublime.

With a 150K contract we'll be laughing. He's been out of the game essentially for 2 years which mean he can still play on for at least a couple more because his body has not being receiving NRL body punishment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2mzqSf3T08&t=399s

• Gee Moses featured heavily in a lot of those tried

• Gutho looks like a baby in that video.

• Cheers EE.

Happy for discussion of the case but please steer clear of any form of judgement until the court has made its decision.

• If you go by what has been revealed so far their are a lot of holes in the girl's allegations, the bullshit thing is that if this jas been all a lie nothing happens to her while Jarryd has had his career halted, his life in limbo plus it would be costing him at least 350k for his defence.  Brett Stewart lost 500k snd suffered from acute depression because he was falsely accused of sexual assault.

It only takes a woman to be slightly offended to accuse a man of rape and then the man is in for the fight of his life. 

• Very true. Like I said much much cheaper, easier and smarter to see a paid professional than take a risk these days even more than ever with social media etc. I’ve always wondered why there are no repercussions for eg in Brett Stewart or Semis case against the false accuser. Semis wife admitted she made it up due to jealousy. Why can’t they charge those that do that? It would be fair on the bloke falsely accused whose life is affected for ever but also Fair on the true victims coming forward and the false accusers affect as well. 

It does sound like she was mightily pissed off that he kept the cab waiting out front for 45mins more than anything  and it was not the “I’m dating the rich and gorgeous sports star” night she hoped it would be  ...sounded like she felt very scorned about that.

• Yes macy I agree. If Jack De Belins accuser came out tomorrow and said that it was all fictitious then how do we compensate Jack for the 3 years of his life ? What about the reputational damage ? But then , what is the alternative? 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to Nitram's discussion A look back at Darwin
"I would not have known but someone pointed out that our record was pretty good for the game the following week.....i.e. for all the positives I think the game is worthwhile. with the clincher being the sponsorship.....I am not sure if it is widely…"
1 hour ago
BEM replied to Axel's discussion Sivo impressing Arthur but Eels recall still on hold
"A fit and firing Sivo is miles ahead of any other winger we have at the club.
 Let's hope he gets back ro his damaging best."
1 hour ago
Angry Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Bang on Al"
1 hour ago
Angry Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Totally agree with you here Grunta but I'm not sure how much of that is on BA? As other people have mentioned other clubs have talented and fast outside backs coming out of their arse and look at what BA has to work with. In the last 20 years I can…"
2 hours ago
More…