“It was probably one of the weirdest situations I’ve ever been a part of,” Brown told the Herald.

“I’d just re-signed at the club and a few months later they are telling me to look elsewhere. It was a bit of a weird situation. Everything happens for a reason and, if it wasn’t for that, I wouldn’t be at a club like the Roosters.

“There were a few explanations but, at the end of the day, I can’t control their explanations or the way they do things.

“I can only control what I can control, and that is turning up day in and day out for my teammates and having a great attitude.

“Their decisions are up to them; I can’t control that. That was the club I was employed at, at the time. Now that I’m looking back, I’m glad it happened and have an opportunity at the Roosters.”

In his first year at Parramatta in 2017, Brown won the Ken Thornett Medal as the club’s best player and became a cult hero among fans because of his hard-charging style. His stocks rose higher when he made his State of Origin debut in the 2020 series, which led to him re-signing on a two-year contract the following season.

Soon afterwards, the former Rabbitohs and Wests Tigers forward was told he was surplus to requirements. Last year he made only 14 first-grade appearances, his last coming when he earned a shock recall for the grand final after being dropped following round 17.

Asked about his relationship with coach Brad Arthur, Brown remained diplomatic.

“I’ve got a good relationship with everyone but, at the end of the day, he’s the coach, he’s the boss,” Brown said. “It’s his decision, and it is what it is. It’s his call.

“There is something to prove, but not to Parramatta.

“I’ve got a point to prove to myself and my new teammates and my new club. I’ve moved on to a club I’m really excited about.

“That is in the past now; I can only concentrate on my future. I want to build trust with my teammates and around the club.”

Brown will bolster a Roosters pack decimated by injuries. The Italy international will provide depth and experience while Angus Crichton, Sitili Tupouniua and Matt Lodge are unavailable, although a hamstring injury will sideline him for several weeks, including for what would have been a spicy clash against the Eels in round five.

The 30-year-old is contracted to the tricolours until the end of this season, but believes his new team will bring out the best in him. And that, Brown hopes, will result in another Origin call-up.

“I’m very lucky and grateful a club like the Roosters gave me an opportunity,” Brown said. “I want to play my best footy that saw me in the Origin side.

“I want to get back into that arena and I believe the Roosters will allow me to do that. I think I can get back to that with such a great club and great coach in Trent Robinson.

“Once you get a phone call from Robbo and the Roosters, you just have to jump at the opportunity.

“I was really excited when my manager told me they were interested. I couldn’t wait to get that phone call from Robbo to see what he had to say.

“He explained himself really well, and now I have to get on the park and play some footy for him.

“It’s a quality club with quality players and a quality coach. I want to work hard so I can be back playing that Origin style of footy.”

Having been a member of the Parramatta side that lost the 2022 grand final, Brown believes he can go a step further with the Roosters.

“We have got a great bunch of talent at the Roosters,” he said. “I’ve only been there for two days but can see why they are a successful club. One day I would love to win a comp. Everyone knows the talent and the potential at the Roosters is through the roof, their culture and the leadership shows why they are a successful club.”

As for a clash against his former team, Brown will have to wait until a round 25 encounter at CommBank Stadium.

“It will be a good one, good fun coming in against your ex-teammates,” he said. “I’m sure it will be a fun occasion."

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
    • Brown went into his Delorain , went into the year 2025 and saw JA and Matt A , captaining the team , then went back to 2021 and told BA that his kids were not NrL quality , That's when Mrs Arthur put her foot down and said Nope ! Not on my watch .  Then BA stole Browns Delorian and tried to go back to the day Brown signed his contract and tried to stop it but ran out of plutonium. So he simply made O'Neil tell Brown he was surplus to requirements and he could look around. Then BA drove over Brown in his Range Rover he bought with the extra 500k  he got young Jacob on his last contract , to ensure Brown couldn't play whilst we waited for him to fuck off. 

• Take it to the bank, I saw it in the comments section on Facebook. Straight from a bloke that is in the know at Cabramatta Golf club.

• That's not true at all, Wiz gets his information when he stops at a "servo" doesn't matter which one but invariably he knows someone there that knows someone else, that knows someping.

Ah well! back to the future is very handy when you know someone.

• That's the problem Wizz When people who can,t handle power or authority get too comfortable in their job they start to believe they own the show. Leaders with some integrity share ownership 

• Wiz owns a mud pool and is developing a manscaping business to go with the pool......integrity has never been an issue!

• All the best to him.

• Brown sounds very diplomatic with a good attitude.

"It’s a quality club with quality players and a quality coach. I want to work hard so I can be back playing that Origin style of footy.”

It would be amazing and an embarrassment for BA if Brown did make the SOO side. I would love him to do it ---- Possibly a huge motivation for him.

• Tad I doubt BA would  care he thinks he knows best 🙄

• Just goes to show how inept the flops who run the club are , they sign a player then tell him he is free to go a few months later m.   Least Brown is at a professional club . 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"He's got no heart.
He always goes for the easy option first doesn't run hard doesn't use his size.Hes a110 kg guy playing like an 85 kg guy.Hes still slow after doing a off season with Roger Fabri.
I don't think that changes he's the classic guy…"
6 minutes ago
Muttman replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Eels by 18"
9 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Dolphins by 16 unfortunately "
17 minutes ago
BEM replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Although I picked Parra in the tipping comp, I did so with no great confidence. 
I am probably in the minority but for me, Talagi on the bench is ridiculous. 
It is hot and humid in Darwin and four forwards on the bench makes a lot more sense. 
I…"
28 minutes ago
More…