It’s not gonna be easy !!

With Mahoney , gutho, papa, niukore , RCG off contract next year, its gonna be hard to retain them all. I love every one of these players but who do we not resign . (not doing every off contract player)

1.Papa - He is only on a 150k deal until the end of 2022. He will likely be offered at least 500k from another club. Do we offer him 400k or less and hopefully he takes a pay cut to remain at Parra or do we go all out and try and offer him as much as he wants (Realistically) to keep him. I can tell you , he is worth a ton more than 150k. Do remember, he did take a 300k pay cut to rebuild his career and no doubt that was a huge success . I Wouldn't be surprised if he decides to be loyal to the club that gave him his second chance . Please stay 🙏 

2. Mahoney - He is only only on a cheapish salary but once at the end of 2022, he will be offered anywhere 600k - 900k from the 3 Queensland clubs in Bronx, Titans, dolphins. He is a gun and I believe he is the key for our future . Parra please resign Mahoney ASAP

3.The king 👑 - On around 650 -700k a year and reports he wants more -(Hopefully they are false), Is gutho the hardest one to retain ? I love the king but is he worth more than 800k ? I'm going to leave this one to the fans and the club. I would offer him no more than 750k. There is a chance that the dolphins might offer him a contract . Hopefully he is willing to be loyal rather than a bigger pay check . 🙏🙏

4. Niukore - He is very important for our future but reports that the Warriors are very keen on luring him to the club. I believe he might just slip away unless if we don't resign Matterson . It's either Marata or Matterson (both would be nice, but we do have a salary unfortunately ). I believe we should resign niukore as he is a talented footballer who has so much potential. It's gonna be a fight 

5. RCG - I do believe this one is going down hill. Reagan's management has said that he is certain that he will be off to south east Queensland to sign to play for the dolphins and will most likely not open his contract talks to remain at Parra past 2022. I'm filthy on this one because he his leaving his club to be the face of a new franchise . Good on him I suppose. Hopefully Parra can sway his decision to reconsider a talk to resign with Parra but unfortunately I do believe rcg is a goner.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It is exactly as embarrassing as that. It's..........it's just.......It's embarrassing.

Its fucking embarrassing

• I'm not embarrassed by it, especially given that it was a non Eels commentator who gave him that nickname. 

• Even more the reason why it's embarrassing,  as I said, what would be your thoughts on StMerge fans calling JDB " mr perpetual motion " ?   There's a reason it came from a drug fucked fool.  Eels fans are the only ones keeping the stupid nickname going. 

Let's start calling Shaun Lane The Zip Zip man. 

• In terms of priority, I'd say 1st is Reed Mahoney. Not many good hookers around, we need to re-sign him ASAP.

2nd would be Papali'i. I will be happy if we lose the liks of RCG in order to give him more cash.

3rd Gutho - Don't think any other club will offer him more money, I'm not concerned. Confident we will re-sign him.

4th Marata - Also confident we will re-sign him.

5th RCG - He's as good as gone. With Kaufusi only 22 and coming of age, I don't think it's a big deal. Paulo will continue to lead the pack and Kaufusi will be alongside him.

• If we re-sign Niukore and I hope we do, I would move Brown into the front row rotation and play Matterson at Lock, a front row rotation of Paulo, RCG, Brown and Kaufusi, with Lane also capable is a very strong front row.

• We can't lose Papa and Mahoney!

Gutho if he wants more than he can look elsewhere, surely we have some promising young fullbacks coming through. Especially with speed..

• Those 2 are the most important.

Reed is a gun 

Papa because we have a lot of forwards aroud the same age and Ice is the best of the younger brigade 

• RCG and Nik are goooone!

Mahoney, i personally think hes going.

• I think Mahoney back to QLD fits. Not so sure he'll go though. Big risk at his point of his career. He won't go to the Broncos or Titans. The risk is if Bennett takes a particular interest and goes all out for him. That plus playing back in QLD might be too much to resist. 

RCG - Not sure. He's declared his availability for the Dolphins however Bennett never goes all out for Front Rowers. If RCG wants to play for the Dolphins it will be the same or less than he can earn at Parra.

Niukore - It will come down to money. It won't be the Dragons. If the Warriors go large for him they may get him. I don't think Parra will pay overs at all. If the difference is big enough for Marata he'll leave.

Gutho - This is the interesting one for me. In that, I can't see any other clubs going for him. Parra's already made an offer which was aparently "insulting". However, I can't see another club racing to make him a better offer. I think Gutho stays, on pretty mediocre money after an absolute sh1tfight in the media once again. Personally, I'd be weighing up my options there.

• Muttman, it's an interesting one with Gutho. Out of all the other clubs, who is actually likely to make a play for him?

Storm - Paps - No

Panthers - Edwards - No

Rabbits - Latrell - No

Sea Eagles - Turbo - No

Roosters - Teddy - No

Knights - Ponga - No

Titans - Brimson - Unlikely

There are your current top 8 teams. And then from the bottom half:

Sharks - Kennedy looks assured - Unlikely

Raiders - CNK - Unlikely

Dragons - Maybe ???

Warriors - Walsh - No

Tigers - Laurie - Unlikely

Broncos - Maybe ???

Cowboys - Holmes and Hammer - No

Bulldogs - They have signed about 7 fullbacks, so No

So unless he wants to play centre or wing, or go to a mediocre club, I don't see many likely options other than the Dolphins, and they have stated their desire to go after QLDers, most likely Ponga if you believe the chatter. Maybe the Knights is possible for Gutho if Ponga goes north, but realistically are any of those options going to further his career?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Pops, are you seriously considering the head of football and the coach are not equally accountable for recruitment.   I reckon you've fallen into the tct trap"
8 minutes ago
Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Cowboys wasn't a great performance LB. they have been shown up quiet badly after we managed to bust their defence at will in their Red Zone! i.e. fundamentally the same attack as the Phins game, just a different resolve from the defence.
Can we…"
36 minutes ago
Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I think anyone that has common sense and decency are in this boat. That is not to say BA should stay, I agree he has to go.
The one argument that we don't know is who has pulled the strings on the recruitment wagon, it is really a problem and…"
47 minutes ago
Collaroy Eel replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I know mate I know..... BA is hard headed and doesn't ever seem to learn from his mistakes as we all can see.
Going to the game tonight half I hope me and my boys don't leave embarrassed "
50 minutes ago
More…