Replies

• I'm sure the NRL will release the info they want us to see regarding player managers but at the end of it all it will be back to business as usual. More players are looking after their own contracts than ever & I hope this trend continues so we get some loyalty back into this game.

• Spot on Coach Jim. Couldn't agree more!

• If a deal is dodgy could  it stuff  a players contract 

• Let's hope one of them gets suspened and spills the beans about the under-handedness of the NRL at the senior level....and some of the clubs as well.

At least then, this site will be a lot more interesting than what it is a the moment. 

• Not fair on the Roosters. 

• Does that mean they will finally get stuck into the player agents involved in our dodgy deals 4 years ago or has that been swept under the carpet.

• Way overdue i wonder what forced their hand, as I'm sure a lot of people will be nervous of what could come out of this

• All four 'agents' under siege are still able to practice, for now, though Gavin Orr might lose that right in February’s appeal hearing.

And what about the respective ‘agencies’ ? Looks like they might end up okay.

3776815122?profile=RESIZE_710x
    Moses’ and Orr’s respective agencies, Cove & PSM, have a significant role at the Eels. Mitchell Moses, Nathan Brown, George Jennings, Michael Jennings, Brad Takairangi and former Eel Tim Mannah (Issac is a director at Cove Agency); Ryan Matterson, Dylan Brown, Shaun Lane, Marata, Nuikore, Maiko Sivo, and coach Brad Arthur (all under Orr’s PSM, co-owned by his brother Chris).

Also those two big ones a plethora of big-named players in their agencies’ stables. DCE, Josh Addo-Carr (alleged to be having problems with PSM by Bellamy), Brodie Croft, Payne Haas, Jason Taumalolo, Tedesco (falling out with Moses), Cameron Smith, David Klemmer, Valentine Holmes, Jack Bird amongst a plethora of other NRL players as well players in SL, football, and TV characters such as Anthony Minichiello, Corey Parker, Matt Bowen, and Kevin Walters.

My suspicion is, agents will be encouraged to become more careful & wily. But, as players still benefit from agents (hence the worldwide use of agents in sport) swaying their big umbrellas at clubs, I can’t see the end of player agents, any time soon. Just more battles & money spent.

• HOE do you believe that there is any connection between this action now and Valandys taking over as Chairman?

• Hi John Eel, V'landy is a cog in the wheel. He's apparently promised to clean up all rogue agents & everyone on the ARLC board & NRL wants the same.

But, it's only from 2019 that the NRL has these powers to sanction players agents (due to Nov 2018 Accreditation Scheme).

Before that, they couldn't do this to their frustration in particular with the recent 2015-16 cap scandals.

Allegedly, Mannah was one of the whistle-blowers on Issac Moses, whilst Orr's 'alleged' breaches relate to Chelyse Blair in 2015 when he was with us.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to LB's discussion Analysis and reflection of BA and is sacking the go, WARNING LONG BLOG.
"Fair call Coryn. Hate those that say i am not supporting them anymore etc."
49 seconds ago
Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Excellent points, Bup. Agree. And thanks for the kind words, mate. 
Spot on. We've got a bit of time up our sleeve, but not a hell of a lot. Our front row and fullback will be in the critical basket in the not too distant future. 
I suspect some of…"
2 minutes ago
Eli Stephens posted a discussion
Youngest Cleary has signed for the warriors, lot of these young halves don't want to be stuck behind great halfbacks. Not sure if it's the best career move lol 
11 minutes ago
SuperEel 22 replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"I think the number of changes BA has been making recently reflects the pressure he's under. He's often a pick and stick guy but he's been making a decent number of non-injury changes every week."
17 minutes ago
More…