Issac Luke??

Does anyone have any updates on Luke comeing to the eels?? I heard on Twitter it could be a done deal, can anyone co oberate this??

Adding Luke to our Starting Pack would be Awsome, It will allow Mahoney to come of the bench and ease him in to  week in week out Nrl. Beside it being Good for Mahoney and his devolioment, our spine needs experience, He will also Take Prusure of the halves as he has a good kicking game from dummy half,  He will help with our middle defence aswell, It’s an absaloute NO BRAINER!!!

I hope we get him..

If we sign Luke not only will we avoid the spoon i think we can go close to the eight who knows maybe sneak in.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No idea apart from the same things youve heard, some people seem pretty confident.

I think what the warriors are paying him, 150k, is about what he's worth, no way we should be paying him more than 200k.

If we can get him for that price he might come in handy in a mentor type role, if we have to pay 350k a year like the article suggested last during the week, it will be a desperate signing.

• $350 is an absaloute steal for a player of his Calibre IMO.

• As long as he doesn't take 3 quarters of the season to get fit & show that he wants to be there like he did in his 1st year @Warriors

• Hes on 150k at the warriors and been playing very poorly.

How is 350k a steal? thats 3 times his current salary.

• I can't see him coming for 200k. The difference in house prices/rent alone would mean we would need to bump this up a bit. I'd be happy with a 2 year deal - the second year he takes a back step and our young hookers start to take charge. Inject Luke into the game when we need some greater control, generally around the half time mark.

• Ive heard that hes either coming or hes not. 

• If we sign luke we will lose Mahoney i think he will ask for a release 

• Im not even sure how keen we are in him, he was told he can look elsewhere and test the market last year.

He might not end up as long term as people are penciling him in for.

• We will not lose Mahoney if we sighn Luke.  It could actually be the best thing for him..

• I think all hookers are the same. If their forwards aren't laying a platform then they might as well not be there. Imagine Cameron Smith, or Cook, in our team during the first 18 rounds last year without our injured brigade,. they would've looked very ordinary.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Prof. Daz’s discussion was featured
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
15 minutes ago
Jake replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Could it be Maika to make way for Lomax.
Round 4 deadline. Maika suspended until round 4. Hmmm"
17 minutes ago
Prof. Daz posted a discussion
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
23 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Well Lomax will be a lot more expensive, Carty would have been on minimum for most of the time and probably only 350/400 now. Carty is not that marketable unless he sell himself attached to the coach LOL"
55 minutes ago
More…