Israel folou, 2ue interview

Listening  this morning,  alan Jones  interviewing  israel folou who is raising  3 million dollars  from public donations  for his legal  fees  against  rugby  Australia for unfair  dismissal.  This morning Israel  said  his fight  is because  of his strong  Faith , beliefs  in the bible that has made him who he is today.  Now personally  ive  nothing  against  him what so ever,  but he mentions   to jones very  strongly  the importance of the bible again on which he lives  by , which  he comes  to as we all know  his public condemnation for many sinners who eventually will end up in hell . Can  those  out there  who is familiar with   the bible  tell me if Israel is 100% correct to  pass  judgement   based on his beliefs ? Here is  one  quote , but is there  another  side  ?3045972464?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• This is 100% fact. He was only publishing facts - regardless of where they came from.

• Tad, every war has casualties, there are more innocent people who actually die as a result of them. We all read an know of the horrors of the holocaust in WW2, and are rightly appaled by it. The accidental bombing of London that turned the tide for Britain and that resulted in the Blitz had how many civilians perish as a result.

The blitz is well known like the 2 A bombs that ended WW2. But how many know how many civilians and innocents were killed in the Fire Bombing firstly in Germany by the RAF & USAF, the same things took place in Japan before the A bombs were dropped.

https://www.onlinemilitaryeducation.org/posts/10-most-devastating-b...

Most people would not know of how many of those cities being bombed in WW2, nor would they likely care as they were the enemy after all.

10 Most Devastating Bombing Campaigns of WWII
        • Where is the evidence that he stole classified information?

As far as I’m aware he has always been given intel or classified information by informants or leakers. They are the guilty parties he only published what information he was given - like all good investigative journalists are supposed to do. Seth Rich paid with his life for leaking DNC emails (Hilary Clinton anyone?) to Assange and now they want him gone too.

As far as I can tell he is being punished for telling the truth to the population, now isn’t that more freightening than the fact that he has reported on top secret files of supposed criminal acts perpetuated by governments?

Because the US government says he is guilty of something m isn’t good enough for me and this  may well all come out in the wash very soon.

• Frank, You have a point about the tragedy of Seth Rich and also I can't just take accept the US governments accusations that Assange hacked classified information on face value.

But there are some highly skilled hackers that do almost anything. And if we ever get a nutcase psychopathic hacker, it's not the Governments, left or right, nor the world's wealthiest we ever need to worry about.

• Assange is a patriot and will one day be regarded as such. He is only guilty of publishing information that was given to him by sources.

Is this not what investigative journalism is?

The powers that be do not want dissent or people speaking the truth, they want the sheep to follow what they say without trouble.

• I'm not so sure Frank, my understanding was wiki leaks not only obtained classified material from whistle blowers but also were responsible for hacking their way in and stealing senstitive info. Don't forget he was charged by the AFP in the early 90's for hacking offences.

Dissseminating classified info you have obtained by hacking is vastly different than a journalist obtaining information from whistle blowers.

One mans Patriot is another mans traitor,

• That’s where we differ in opinion.

I don’t think he hacked anything therefore he’s not a traitor. The US originally wanted him for hacking various US defence department classified files.

He is now accused of offenses including computer misuse and the unauthorized disclosure of national defense information.

They have changed their tone as they know he didn’t hack anything and all that he has done was dissemenate classified information- big difference.

• Agree big difference between actually hacking and a journalists right to publish information from their sources, the whole affair falls into a really grey area that legislation hasn't caught up with.

• Frank you are pretty well right regarding this.  He got a degree of stuff off classified areas through someone giving him the access code, IIRC it was the young Marine who was caught, and had a sex change then gaoled and was it Trump who then pardoned him/her?  The same person though was at the centre of all the stuff that Assange received, but he got a lot of things from others though.

Assange though could not be deemed or charged with being a traitor as he was not a U.S citizen, thus what you say in the 2nd paragraph is spot on.

• Don’t care about his religion but Izzy should be able to state his beliefs wherever he wants. Why should a change in social norms have to be pushed on everyone. If they were legalising pedo’s and saying children had a right to love adults, would we all suddenly be on the bandwagon too? Going against what nature or god if you wish obviously evolved or created for reproduction is a slippery slide into depravity.  Messing with what nature intended never ends well. 

Just because someone feels the need to be something or act a certain way doesn’t give them the right to do it. There has to be some lines drawn. Who gets to decide where that line is? As long as your not hatefully attacking an individual personally (verbally or  physically) there should be no restrictions on stating what you believe or not agreeing with certain lifestyles. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Tex Hoy
"You know what happened last time you tucked the kids in Woody!"
41 seconds ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Parra_Greg's discussion Our New Middle Forwards ?
"This is one of my biggest concerns going forward. We don't seem to have anyone really coming through. Greig is a back end of season player, hits his form and fitness late in the season. 
This would be either Paulo's last or second last big minute…"
2 hours ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"6. Hopegood, going to be a great long term player if we keep him."
2 hours ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"1. Moses 
2. Gutho 
3. Lomax
4. Jennings 
5. Beau Scott, at the time he brought a lot to the team. What was a inexperienced side and forward pack. He helped build the foundations a lot. "
2 hours ago
More…