Is this not cheating the cap by the sharks?

As per Danny Weidlers article 

“The Sharks also asked that Holmes’ partner leave her job at the club, but she left on good terms. She attended the Sharks’ Christmas party”

is her wage included in the cap ? 

Was she employed the year they won the comp?

Does it not mean their cheating was systematic not just a couple of players and also current admin apart  of the rotting ?

if they don’t strip them of the title , Parra should take the NRL to court over the savyiobd they placed on us and demand millions in damages due to brand damage and having to release squad members and reimbursement of fines paid

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
    • Doesn’t matter if she was not being paid overs . If it was legit employment , Holmes playing for the club or not should have no impact on her continuing employment and they have no right to ask her to leave . In fact it would be illegal for them to do so , unless she was employed to circumvent the cap 

• Very questionable however the fact they have laid off a number of other staff to cut costs, means nothing will be done or investigated
  • Years ago parra got fined $40k for being over the cap by $40k for employing Dallas westons wife as a beautician.

• partners can work for the club now however it needs to be declared and the nrl judge if they have the required qualifications and the salary is fitting of the position.

I wonder though if overtime and things are looked at afterwards.  Pretty easy to top up a salary with over 20k in loading and overtime payments which aren't actually worked

• I know part of the package that Ben Hunt has with the Dragons included his missus getting a job with the club. I'm sure this sort of stuff goes on all the time. It's just if we were doing it someone would go and dob to the NRL and everything would go to shit.

• Also how much do you think their partners are getting paid? If it’s like a 100k then that’s heavy rorting
  •  Kenny Power:  Whilst I can understand your angst about this---the Eels have walked through that Valley of Death! I am a bit perplexed as to why you want to put the boot into the Sharks? Sure, they have cheated the salary cap but all the clubs have at one time or the other. We all know that. I will get no pleasure or satisfaction if the Sharks have the Grand Final taken off them or if they suffer huge fines or if people are expelled or suspended. Not a bit of it. I think the problem here is Greenburg--as always! He destroyed Parramatta but seems to have gone to ground when other clubs are revealed of cheating the salary cap. The NRL is a mess as a result. Why the emphasis on Holms girlfriend? Homes may have met her for the first time at the club. That is, she could have been employed at the club before Holmes came into the equation? You use a word-- savyiobd I don`t know what that means, neither does my spell checker! I get a chuckle at the Sharks though. This season they have been coming down hard on Andrew Fifta over some of his carry-ons. What is worse though Fifta or cheating the salary cap? Don`t throw stones if you live in a glass house.

• This is quite a coherent reply Robert. The question is definitely whether Holmes' partner was employed at the Sharks before she became involved with him.

From memory both and Cayless and Hindmarsh had their wives working for Parra but I'm pretty sure at least one of the couples met via their employment.

Clubs can't hide that sort of employment. It's pretty bold or stupid as a way of cheating the cap.

• the sharks are the biggest salary cap cheats in the nrl bar none end of story.

• Was she the best candidate for the job ? Was the job advertised and a number of candidates interviewed? There should be notes from the interview process . That’s the key to the scenario. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Which is why I asked what you consider expensive? Would you say 500k? 600k?
If these players at up to 600k are classy & not expensive, it's a pretty small window reliant on what's available?
Which brings us back to the development angle, and that…"
2 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Yep winger or fullback"
12 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"For sure, as mentioned, 800k & there's no way the Eels will look at him. 600-650k, is possibly a different story. As you mentioned with salary cap, those centres might've been 600k but that was decent coin also.
100% agree though that it all depends…"
24 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I didn't say classy, I said expensive 
2020 I don't believe Chambers was at the Storm, Olam was on his first cheap contract out of the Qcup and Brenko Lee was also cheap 
Latrell and Manu weren't on huge money, not back then. They were still on…"
34 minutes ago
More…