I'm sure he'll still walk into a NSW jersey but Cleary was extremely poor in the GF. Minimal involvement, poor defence and "didn't step up against a top side" . There's your NSW half back. Maybe he deserves a little more scrutiny?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Coryn your forgetting the Brooks and Moses team at Tigers I think. 

• Yep understood but Brooks was the 7 there Moses was a running 6 and basically both guys were still youngsters.

• Moses was making progress in this regard last season but regressed this season for some reason,  I believe Brown is the better option as the dominant half with moses as the instinctive 5/8.

• yes HKF! Surely it's screaming obvious and what's  best for MM and us. 

• Said it elsewhere Moses was a 5/8 in his junior years and swapped to half by Bushy. Dylan Brown is a halfback swapped to 5/8, again another Bushy masterstroke.

• Cooper Cronk was a centre in his junior years and Bellamy turned him into a halfback.

What's your point ?

• My point is NO ONE has managed to turn Moses into anything substantial.

Lockyer was a FB, and many othe rpplayers started out in different positions to where they play today.

Some players, regardless of all thepotential they showed as juniors just can't cut it on the bog stage. Moses appears to be one of these.

My comments were also directed more toCoryn and HKF who ridiculed macy for saying there is little difference between 7 and 6 these days.

Don't know what your problem is these days Brett, but you go lloking for any excuse to start and argument lately, and deride those who do not bow down to you. Do something about it before it gets out of hand.

• If I've ridiculed anyone I'll apologise for that.

The idea that 6 and 7 are basically the same just isn't true.

As for turning Moses into anything I'll disagree there too.Freddie Fittler had him playing well for Lebanon at the RLWC.BA has improved Moses defense though it's still a work in progress improvement is there.

While he hasn't carried a team he's improved over the years he's been at Parra and I do believe the story isn't fully written like many fans are telling it.

• I actually have no complaints about MM's defence Coryn, imo he does as well as most halves in that deparment.

Playing a half either side of the ruck has now blurred the line between 6 & 7 - it merely comes down to who is getting the ball most of the time. As halves very rarely both play on the same side of the paddock the positions have become almost identical as first receivers to control the play.

Bit like saying there is still a difference between Props and Lock. Both are now middle defenders and charged with making the hit ups.

• Coryn, saying "ridiculed" was perhaps a bit harsh of me, but I took exception at how you and HKF jumped all over macy infering she didn't know what she was talking about.

All good.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Inside Info replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Sean Russell
"Russell just said in interview, a mosquito knocked the ball out when he was scoring"
7 seconds ago
HKF replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"Players that need to be shamed,
Cartwright. Since returning from injury he has been abysmal,  poor discipline,  errors and lack of effort have been par for the course. 
Matterson,  less than making up the numbers. He is a ghost.
Lussick,  probably…"
1 minute ago
EA replied to jamie's discussion Lussick only back on the 4th tackle.
"Lussick first up contact is one of the worst in the NRL. Then he is always lying on the floor or letting a quick play the ball."
1 minute ago
Snottie Pimpin replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Sean Russell
"Look , i;ve sprayed Russell the last few weeks on here and all through the game.  We clearly don't have depth at the position aside from Sivo whose effort areas are beyond disgrace and its hard to pick him.
Russell should NEVER have been the player…"
9 minutes ago
More…