If Dylan leaves

Love how Dylan plays and hope he stays. Also think Dylan and Moses make a premiership winning halves combo. For me Dylan is our most important signing and have been sweating on it.

But if he does go then how about replacing him with Latrel Mitchel. I know some have suggested that could get Latrel as FB and move Guth to 5:8 but for me Guth’s only position is FB and I am not sure the defensive and supportive work of FB is for Latrel. Wondering if 5:8 would suit his power running and personality. Not sure it is a good idea but seems a better option than fullback for Latrel and he needs to be closer to the action if he wants the big bucks

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Latrel is already a super star in the game Brown is yet to prove himself 

• This reply was deleted.
      • I would agree with that amount pops, maybe even 450 for the 2nd season if he remains injury free.

With Moses listed as being on 800k, Jnr on 700k & Fergo on 500k 2m out of the budget for starters and that continues until end of 2021, I would suggest the 400 with an extra the following year is a fair offer for someone that's shone out in his first year.

Tigs have pulled out of the Mitchel race and now looking at Ado-Carr who wants out of the storm to return to Sydney and he is their prime target now.

How much for Ado instead of MJ, as he could also play in the centres?

• Do not go anywhere near lateral, imo he is a walking time bomb. The Roosters pulled their offer and now the Tigers have too.

I don't know at this stage who would make a good replacement for Brown if it does come to that, maybe Seizer.

• Seizer off to UK - Huddersfield. 

• Amen

• Latrell at fullback is definitely a risk, but one with a very high reward.

If we were to bring Latrell over, I would start him at fullback, and if it doesn’t work out and his defensive and communication fails, you could then move him to 5/8 and bring Gutho back to fullback.

The thing about having Latrell at 5/8 is that you can surround him better with good defenders inside and outside.

His defensive lapses generally occur out wide. But, I think this is a part of his game that will improve with his maturity, like every player. He cops a lot at the moment because of his status, people forget how young he is.

I don’t think it would be wise to outbid the Tigers though. I would go $900-1mil. I wouldn’t go over though.

But then again, this kid could be the next Mal Meninga, I wouldn’t argue over 100k and we are lacking a game breaker within the team right now.

• Lacking a game breaker.

Really?

• Clintorian must have watched different games to the ones I watched last season.

•  Brown won't leave and IF he did he wouldn't be anywhere near as he could be other than at the Eels

• It's simple if Dylan leaves it's Hayne to 5/8.and that may even be worthy of a blog of it's own? 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Fiddy replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"I think put him at wing. He gets 1st grade experience and then moves to fb. We did the same thing with Hayne"
7 minutes ago
Axel replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"Sounds as though the club is trying to sign him long term and fullback may be the carrot"
8 minutes ago
HKF replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"If the future for talagi is at fullback then he needs to be playing fullback in reserve grade not sitting on the bench in first grade."
15 minutes ago
Nitram replied to Parra_Greg's discussion Our New Middle Forwards ?
"Do we overrate our middles?
Spud Carroll just picked his nsw forwards and cant find room for either RCG or Paulo. I note he has no Jake Turbo (who always performs for NSW and is a great prop to pair with Hass) and he picked Nathan Brown on his…"
16 minutes ago
More…