Idea,s on how we beat storm ?

Dirty bastards as we know . Will be a delight to see smith frustrated and smith under fire and bellamy getting the shits , how do we do that ? 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
  • This blog is void, and needs to be deleted, mods.

• This reply was deleted.
      • Lurker didnt post it, so Shawny doesnt like it.

• We have to play direct . Short sharp passes before line . Don't try and spread too early they will just slide and run us over sideline .  Kick to corners . Target the Big v with the kicks . Massive task but not unbeatable 

• Onya paul i totally agree. 

• Our forwards need to dominate attack and we have to be strong in marker, we get carved up too much from marker 

• Eels need to win the ruck; quick play the balls turning their forwards around. It is very important for the ref to manage the ruck and ensure an even contest. The backline has enough quality to do some damage however that is dependent on the forwards more than holding their own. 

• The Eels need to play uptempo and expansive football. 

The Eels will not beat the Storm in a structured set for set game, they will aboslutely destroy us. If we chance our arm (we can as we have a second chance if we loose), get up off the line fast in both defence and attack, move the ball around, second phase plays, kick well on fith tackle, don't play desperation football and run them ragged, we have a chance. Anything outside of that and we are goneski's. 

• 1. Our forwards need to get back to hunting like a pack, as we were early on in the season. Get that intimidation factor back. This is crucial.

2. Stop the one out hit ups and provide options and support play to guys like Junior, Matto and those with offloads.  Use them.

3.  Smart kicking game.  Glad to see MM vary his kicks last night and needs to do the same. Our halves need to run the ball more than they have been.

4. FFS, what has to be done to fix the defence out wide. Either slide or don't but it is time to stop it the indecision.  Communicate.

5. Eliminate the stupid penalties and set resets ( KANE EVANS, you are one of the main offenders ).

6.  Remove Peni Terepos hand transplants from Kaufusi when he comes on. Get that dropped ball and fix your ball security issue and you are doing OK.

7. Run direct and have players in support. Run direct and have players in support.  Run direct and have players in support.

8.  Sivo needs to learn there other options to running over someone.  How about running lines, cutting inside and passing. Needs to be used smarter. That said, he need to pull his finger out and take some pressure off the forwards.

9. Waqa Blake.  Communicate and learn to pass a football.

10. The team has taken pride in its defence this year and yet, we still hve a tendancy to switch off and allow SOFT tries, let alone to issues  out wide.

11.  Lift the enthusiasm with the kick chase.  It was good last night but has lacked for a few weeks before this.

12.  Stop the silly errors at key moments which cost us in terms of momentum. MINDSET

13.  Finally, smash the feckers off the park.  Vengeance and revenge is a great thing in sport. 

This team is capable of doing it, they just need to execute.

Yep, perfect world and yet simple stuff.  Rip in Eels!

• Last few replies all on right track for me , getting hopes up without being to hopeful . 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Which is why I asked what you consider expensive? Would you say 500k? 600k?
If these players at up to 600k are classy & not expensive, it's a pretty small window reliant on what's available?
Which brings us back to the development angle, and that…"
4 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Yep winger or fullback"
13 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"For sure, as mentioned, 800k & there's no way the Eels will look at him. 600-650k, is possibly a different story. As you mentioned with salary cap, those centres might've been 600k but that was decent coin also.
100% agree though that it all depends…"
25 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I didn't say classy, I said expensive 
2020 I don't believe Chambers was at the Storm, Olam was on his first cheap contract out of the Qcup and Brenko Lee was also cheap 
Latrell and Manu weren't on huge money, not back then. They were still on…"
35 minutes ago
More…