Replies

• Tad, sadly with what I saw of Fergo on Saturday night, he will need to improve big time to get an extension with the eels, he would seem to have been getting handling help from a couple of ex eels forwards.

Sivo was a bit better but he has lost a fair amount of bulk, which translates to him having lost a fair amount of his forward power of the past where he would run over defenders., with only one exception in the trial he was good under the high ball overall, and he was swamped by the opposition and was a reason for a riff try.  With his smaller frame he should be looking to run in different lines rather than just straight ahead.

• Colin.Fergo has been out of good form for quite a while.I accept that.I think our style of play which has been covered very well over the past few days hasn,t helped either of our wings or centers. None of them can really hold their heads up high. Our backline really has played below their individual abilities. I would prefer to judge these guys form when we see some better opportunities come their way if we can better attend to our attack structures. dysfunctions

• Tad, good reply but from my perspective unless Fergo really seals his wing spot I wonder how much he can contribute, a bit of a worry was seeing him at the end of the game with a large ice pack around the back of his crook knee, how much stress can he take on that area with the way the game is played at now, I do think there will be some ref changes in and after the first round as they simply can't play at that pace all year.

This may seem silly but Sivo has really shed some of last years muscle, and looks quite thin compared to last year, but he certainly was not as affective last year though unless it was through pure power, will his smaller frame be in his best interests? from what I see he could do better being a mid point between last year and how he is now.

• I will put it this way Colin 

Would Addo Car have made any difference to our team if he was on the wing in the later part of last season, with the attack structure we had 

• Your not far away with that comment Tad. 

I think both wingers were playing injured and whilst dysfunctional they were certainly not as well prepared as this season.

All this comes back of course to the real point you are making i.e. they need better service inside them.

I have a feeling and said this in another post that Dylan Brown is actually playing positionally as a centre with a 6 on his back.

The two halves can stand each side of the ruck and run around each other, this gives some room for the edge forwards and centres to get some space. The criticism that DB is getting is I believe stemming from this same problem.

• But having 4 or 5 players jumping on a player that leads to nothing is worth nothing. Id rather a player that produces something. In 2019 Sivo was fantastic and in 2020 he was as good as tits on a bull. In the 1st hit out so far it was in my opinion below average and that was the whole team not just Sivo.

• I would move Sivo to centre and Blake to the wing.

Sivo attracts several defenders so if he can get the ball away to Blake he has the speed to get away and score.

• Not a bad idea BEM, I also thought that Brad Arthur had been doing a bit of work with Sivo in the centres.

• Let's face it. He couldn't do any worse defensively than Blake and would add more in attack. 

• Sivo has good offloading ability as well

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"It would put him as the greatest coach ever if he got a premiership. It would give him one last big challenge, but yeah we will see. Parra probably aren't even interested. 
French just signed 3 or 4 year I think overseas, he won't be back. He is…"
47 seconds ago
Frank The Tank replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I reckon this current side might just beat Manly next week such is the Jekyll and Hyde nature of this squad.
BA will be the headliner this week so expect a lift from the players to delay his ass pounding."
6 minutes ago
Frank The Tank replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Luckily for us our defense is the 2nd worst in the comp, equal with the Titans and only better than the Rabbits.
Oh how the mighty have fallen."
8 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"I dated a cousin of blaizes, seen him play a lot of footy before nsw cup. The kid can play, if he doesn't get fucked around by ba he will be a good future player. 
You are spot on, keep rewarding mediocre and they will get lazier and lazier. Half…"
14 minutes ago
More…