Replies

• I suggested this same thing last season.  Still believe it is worth a try!

• I think they can swap within a game to do this Bem, I do not believe that Sivo could work a structure if he was positioned into a centre spot. The problem is with the centres/5/8 and the edge forwards. You may find this is all addressed come the first round as I believe that BA was deliberately not showing his hand. 

This side is going to be a lot sharper because of they way we were beaten on Sat night.....any complacency they had if they won that game is gone. Likewise the following week against Melb will also entail no complacency. We are lucky because the Storm hooker looks like he will be out for that.....he has cut us to pieces (Tigers) every time we have played against him.

My prediction will be 2 from 2 after 2 rounds......I will be interested if the naysathers say the same, because they will be unbearable if we don't.

• Of course BA didn't show his hand, he wasn't on the field. 

• You're right Poppa. 

Sivo might not be able to work a structure but in all honesty neither does Blake.

• I still think Fergo has plenty to offer, he is the only one of the back 3 with any power bring the ball out of our 20.  

My only knock on Sivo is that he's a powder-puff when bringing the ball out of our 20.  He doesn't seem to have the burst of acceleration that creates momentum and power when hitting the line coming out of our 20.  On the other hand his eyes light up in the oppositions 20.

• Fair observations especially Fergs.... don't underestimate him!

• He wasn't underestimated in 2020 and he had a stella year.

• What is Sivo worth? He's not in the league of Radradra yet maybe never will be, Semi was a massive returner of the ball and we have struggled since he left, if some team is prepared to pay overs for Sivo we shouldn't stop them, is he thinking he's AddoCarr money ? 

• Also loyalty goes both ways and teams release players all the time too so much in a muchness.
    think about the job your in if someone offered you 50k more to do it you'd take it, now think about that 50k more on top of you knew you only had 10 years, yes loyalty would be great but this is professional Rugby League now

• Season hasn't started so I would hold off on signing until we see what improvement there is. As we saw with Semi, one door closes and another opens. Mind you Semi was on another level to most wingers, He could win you games and did things you don't see to ofter from any winger. Pre season trials are just that and don't mean a whole lot. 2018 we came out and smashed the Knights in a trial so Yeah trials hey. We will have a much better idea of value in a few months and if another team comes in with crazy money, we get onto the next player to fill that spot.

We need good players that gel together. That is what I see with the Panthers, They are all moving up together which gives them more options than a big guy hitting it up on his own and they get back behind the ball quickly if they run past the ball. Eels can tend to get in each others way at times and I noticed it a bit the other night. I could be wrong but just seemed to notice players running up then staying there instead of getting into position again quickly.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

CarloEEL2 replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Yep it's done it's dash 
it's now more of a hindrance than a help ( humidity / travel / qld fans)"
5 minutes ago
Grunta the great’s discussion was featured
I'm in Cairns and it's very hot and humid here, so I can imagine what Darwin is like and how the boys are feeling!Tonight we see the Eels take on Benny's boys in our annual home game in the Territory. Recent years have been unsuccessful for the Eels…
7 minutes ago
LB replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Even then you fall victim to a forward playing out a t Centre while fatigued"
11 minutes ago
BEM replied to Axel's discussion Brad and Bennett
"100%
Usually a Gen X is the way to go but reluctantly, there is a specific boomer that is needed. "
16 minutes ago
More…