How do we want the interchanges to happen

We have 10 interchanges in a match. What I would like to see is. Bold is bench.

25th min Paulo for Greig

28th min Hodgson for Hands

30th min Campbell Gillard for Doorey

32nd min Hopgood for Cartwright 

55 min Greig for Paulo

55 min Matterson for Campbell Gillard 

65th min Hopgood for Doorey

65th min Hands for Hodgson

70th min Matterson for whoever looks gassed.  

That leaves 1 to cover injuries or any other players under stress. If a half goes down Hands covers that. If a centre goes down Cartwright covers that.

We seem to always conceed points in the last 10 miniutes before 1/2 time.

65th minute 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't think it quite works like that.

I think you make changes in the context of the game possession dictates a lot of interchange.

I mean last night RCG I can't remember getting a rest.

Coaches will have a better idea around there players.Some of it seems perplexing but they are doing it for a reason don't ask me what that is as I don't know.

• My experience in coaching is that you are looking at an overall game rather than individual player fatigue. Having an interchange plan that is with the trainer takes that worry of the coach who can then be more focused on strategy. Players are also aware of when they are coming of and can then really put in in those last few minutes before being subbed knowing they are soon coming off. What it does is manage fatigue before it becomes and issue. Cleary the eels have a fatigue problem in that ten minute period before 1/2 time. Sure things change during the game but you should always have a starting point. 

• You have Matterson not coming on until 55 min 

Then you have him coming on again at 70 min without coming off ...

I thought BA was bad at bench rotation but ...

• Matterson starts then comes off at 55 min and goes back on at 70th min

• Beam for vb 80th

• The bench rotation is a hard one . Never exact science.  The flow of the game , possession and completion rates and the changes in opposition means you can't plan the whole game .  

whilst I have been critical of BA for his use of the bench , I think you sometimes need to stretch your middles out if your getting dominance or arm wrestling field position.  These two big boys are good enough to play long minutes but we need to try and get benches to be able to shift momentum when they come on not lose it.  

cartwright has really surprised me this year probably the best defensive game I have seen from him.  Knows this is his last chance in Nrl.  Hitting perfect and driving .  

• In my opinion Grieg needs to get fitter and lose weight. At the moment he shouldn't be in the 17. Cartwright should start as should Hopgood. Need to make some bench changes except for Hands who should be on the field more than Hodgslow. Not impressed with Makaslower or the new recruit ( can't think of his name at the moment) Doorey is very good and maybe Matele who I haven't seen play. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"I'm not sure on Matto. Only thing in his favour was Bennett wanted him at Dolphins. But Bennett will sign 2 wingers."
30 seconds ago
Frank The Tank replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"😂😂😂.
Coryn must be related - no one loves or defends a coach as much as him."
2 minutes ago
Steel be with you replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"I think I remember watching that episode. Sixties said he was very concerned about our lack of depth in the backs more than anything and how the club had not made an attempt to sign anyone. And then about a month after the video was published we…"
3 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"Asi is a less talented Ben Roberts. "
3 minutes ago
More…