HORSE RACING FANS!

A really common question for racing fans. What is the best race / win you have ever seen. This is the best win I have ever seen.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 1946 Epsom , Shannon carrying 61 .5kg and odds on was still behind the barrier, tapes when the the horses were let go. 
    Missed the kick by a hundred metres and got beaten by a bees dick. Extraordinary chain of events.

• Bup, go to 1:40:00 in this movie for a chain events before the start of a race

https://ok.ru/video/333308365475

A Day At The Races 1937 - The Marx Brothers, Margaret Dumont, Maureen O'Sullivan
      A Day At The Races 1937. The Marx Brothers, Margaret Dumont, Maureen O'Sullivan Hugo Hackenbush (Groucho Marx) is a veterinarian who masquerades as…
  • In 1974 I was very keen on a lady named Lani and so of course, also took a liking to a horse named Leilani. She was beating everything on the track but was then cruelly weighted in the Melbourne Cup. She ran gallantly like all champion horses with a will to win but got nudged into second by Think Big. Her huge weight was the only thing that stopped her. Still dissapoints me thinking about it. I think Andrew Peacock saw her as a filly in a paddock in NZ but the owner didn't want to sell her so he leased her to Peacock

• My favourite horse racing moment was the Mr Hands incident.

I suggest if you havnt heard about it, you google it and watch the documentary.

7316391865?profile=RESIZE_400x

• LOL! I know who Mr. Hands is - you left the DVD in the DVD player in my guest room last time you slept over. The wife found it and hasn't been the same since.

• Best win I've seen is my misses riding me to the finish. I was 20/1 after a big night on the turps, but somehow all the skills were used to get me home.

• Lol !!!!

• A big night on Turps? Jeeezus!!

• Yep that Lonhro win was the best. I would also include Might and Powers 1997 Caulfield Cup win by 7 lengths and then his Melbourne Cup win. 

• 5 races come to mind and that are 5 races won by the great Super Impose, the 2 doubles in 1990 and 1991 when he won both the AJC Epsom and Doncaster double then 1992 as a 8yr old won the Cox Plate.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Collaroy Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Hope not LB. I love Grieg . He is a best of a young man and just needs more fitness IMO. Don't think they'll part with Blaize . They can keep Lomax "
1 minute ago
Poppa replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"or Jesus saying "forgive them father for they know not what they do"...... it is good friday Wiz and Daz is the smartest guy on the site, even though you feel challenged by such a statement!"
6 minutes ago
BEM replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Hopefully Greig gets on.
Not sure why Ofahengaue is ahead of Greig as he has been pretty disappointing. "
32 minutes ago
mongolian trotting duck replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"he cant be worse of than an existing contract as per the collective bargaining agreement
 "
39 minutes ago
More…