HORSE RACING FANS!

A really common question for racing fans. What is the best race / win you have ever seen. This is the best win I have ever seen.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• '86 Cox Plate...

https://youtu.be/UDU91ekTnsg

•  

Bonecrusher vs Our waverley star is the best head to head battle I have seen. From where they took of it was incredible that either of them could keep going, but both horses continued to find something untill the finish. 

• Mate, how good was 1986? Not only did we get to see the mighty Bonecrusher at his best but we also saw; NSW  take the Sheffield Shield, The Two Blues win the Union, The Shark win the British Open and of course Parra take the premiership and the National Panasonic Cup - it was the stuff dreams were made of :)

• Have a look at Chautauqua's career, what made it a remarkable horse as a sprinter was that it would get it's into unwinnable positions well back in the field or in tight pockets but it had blinding speed and would defy the odds.

The Group 1 2017 TJ Smith was just remarkable, if you love sport it sends a shiver up your spine...250m out it's last in behind a wall of runners at least 7 lengths behind with no momentum then the joc finds a small gap and it just explodes, one of the best runs you'll ever see and a great race call.

Enjoy ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUwSLyZVgFs

• This reply was deleted.
      • That's some sorta finish!!! I guess you'd call that a pretty well timed run - that's how Parra will finish this year :)

I have to put this one in. I was at a picnic meeting at Rose Hill on the day - my mate turned to me and said "Jesus - talk about witnessing history!" I loved The Diva with all my heart and I have had the cherished privilege of giving her a pat on the forehead :)

https://youtu.be/BjjeIL13fYc

• Loved the call too . . . . ". . . here's Makybe Diva - a nation roars for a hero . . . "

• Wet tracker only, over rated. Threatened to scratch her unless they watered the  track. No rain and track went from good Saturday to dead/slow Tuesday. Champion....f...off...

• Yeah . . . that's what happened. Wet tracker only . . . fuck off..

• Exactly mate. What sort of a dope equates watering a very hard track with a wet or heavy track - obviously has no idea. Only an imbecile would deny Makybe was one of the greatest stayer the world has seen - probably just didn't have the brains (and it wouldn't any) to back her.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Parra_Greg replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"I think it goes far back to the Michael Jennings situation and how he really left us in the lurche at a real critical time during a prelim semi.  He and Fergo were our last quality back signings and we really have not been able to bring anyone…"
15 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Pops, good blog.
Absolutely. R&R & managing the cap would be a nightmare. Gould says it keeps him up at night. Every signing is a risk with are so many balls in the air. Player managers, business associates and partners, spouses, family influences,…"
16 minutes ago
Offside replied to Muttman's discussion Moses Injury Update (from NRL Physio)
"Whilst the loss of Mich is huge it will be a great reviler of the culture in the club Penrith and Melbourne get injuries but you never truly write them off because the next man up approxh and jersey culture means they are never out.

If we compete…"
42 minutes ago
adnan replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Was blaze that good? I think he is very raw and maybe needs another yr "
50 minutes ago
More…