Herman a big chance

KNIGHTS TO FAREWELL TEST PROP....

The Knights have backflipped on their plans for resurgent prop Herman Ese'ese. The Kiwi Test forward couldn’t get into the top grade at the start of the season but has bounced back to form in recent weeks.
Ese'ese is under contract to the Knights for next season and not long ago, coach Nathan Brown issued a ‘hands off’ to rivals looking to entice Ese'ese to change colours.
But salary cap problems have hit the club and someone has to go - and with a host of props, they have decided Ese'ese is the man.
Several rival clubs are queuing to pick him up, with the Bulldogs and Eels the early favourites.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I wouldn’t want him, unless he’s a straight swap for Tepai as a small minutes off the bench type player. Only averaging 80 metres a game, not too many hit ups. Is a lock, meaning he would be playing off the bench for Nathan brown. 

Same goes for Arrow. Unless they intend to make him a prop there is no point spending 700k on a replacement for Brown. He’s good enough already. 

I reckon Welsh, RCG or even a very cheap Burgess would be a good pickup at the right price. RCG would need some money chipped in by Penrith to make him a viable option

• Arrow should be our top priority, he is an absolute work horse. With him in the front row and Brown locking up the scrum our defence would improve immensely. He would play 60 minutes and take a lot of pressure off Mahoney's defence.

Arrow, RCG, Welch, Ese'ese 

• His not what we need honestly 

• Jai Arrow 23 years old - 101kg 189cm https://www.titans.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/gold-coast-tita... and Christian Welch 24 yrs old - 195cm - 110kg https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/melbour... are full on workhorses, mobile, get off the ground quickly to play the ball and are very good defenders, they can both offload, passing balls either side, at or in the line. They are not scared of the contact. They will definately help with cleaning up holes behind our ruck areas. And they are both very smart between the ears.

These are the two players I would be buying as a major priority.

At a guess, we would have to pay arround $800k to get Jai Arrow and Welch would cost us around $500k/$600k 

I'm still not sure about RCG 25 yrs old - 115kg - 193cm https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/penrit... between the ears - I've seen issues there so he might be more high maintenance, prone to emotional issues due to gender, etc. He doersn't seem to keep things together - not letting things get to him. Maybe BA can work with RCG much better than the Panthers circus of coaches.

If Panthers are footing around $300k of his current contract, he would be worth $400k/$500k coming off our cap. 

Acquiring Arrow, Welch & RCG would cost us around $1.8/$1.9mil coming off our cap.

Herman Ese'ese has never caught my imagination - 186cm - 107kg - 24 yrs old https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/newca... and I guess the Knights would have paid top dollar to drag Herman away from the Broncos 2 years or so ago and he would not be worth what the Knights paid back then, guessing $500 to $700k. If BA & co are keen on Herman I'm assuming they would not pay more than $500k for him now but I really have no idea about Herman, yet.   

Official NRL profile of Jai Arrow for Gold Coast Titans
    The NRL profile of Jai Arrow including career statistics, season stats, games, tries, goals, tackles and fantasy scores.
  • Prefer Jacob safiti if fit.

• Jacob safiti 195 , 121 kgs

• Sorry 114kgs

• Problem with arrow is we will have to pay big to get him . Titans reportedly tabled 4m over 5 years

• Do we really need another coconut? Surely a player like Welch or RCG stand head and shoulders above this guy

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cumberland Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"1. Sandow
2. Blake
3. Norman
4. Sivo
5. Makatoa"
1 minute ago
Collaroy Eel replied to big 2nd rower's discussion Parramatta Eels sign Zac Lomax for 2025
"Maybe she cooked him some of her apple pie"
2 minutes ago
Angry Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"I don't think that's a fair comment. With exceptions to Jennings and Fergo a lot of the players mentioned were developed under Arthur. Moses, Gutho, Papali, RCG, Cartwright, Lane, Hopgood, Niukore  are all better products having played under Arthur.…"
10 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Yep, I must have missed my morning coffee yesterday "
47 minutes ago
More…