Help change things

I’ve been here since 2012 

when big things happen there’s discourse -a terrorist attack , a bombing etc

yesterday a whole family was obliterated by someone who had issue with their partner leaving a violent relationship 

please please please , if you hear a mate be a shit to their partner call them out , if you think they are not coping with a split tell them to get help 

you guys are the ones who are going to change things 

I know women who can’t leave because we fear this outcome - good men , good fathers help change this . I know lots of you are - spread your magic 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The woman and children are actually my brother-in-law's cousin, though I never met them, but Camp Hill is only 5 minutes from where I live. Very tragic.

I hear what you're saying Carlo, and if I ever thought a mate of mine was mistreating any woman or child I would of course step in, but unfortunately its rarely obvious to outsiders, hell even my brother-in-law had no idea what his cousin was going through.

• Sorry to hear it’s connected to your family Brett 

I really felt this should not go unnoticed here - it’s you fellas who will make the diff 

• Like I said I never met them, so I’m certainly not going to claim any personal grief in this, but sadly I’ve seen both sides of these kinds of tragedies, this one where the man was controlling and violent, and also a different situation where the father was the victim and he felt his only way out was to take his and his kids life.

Tragic no matter what. 

• Ummm you sound like you are saying it’s ok to murder A wife and family if you don’t get your own way Brett ? How can he be a victim ???? After being abusive ?? He lost access due to being a controlling and sexually abusive prick so that’s why he snapped 

his true colours came through 

• Because Brett always makes excuses for blue blooded white guys!

There is no excuse for what this man did and you can bet that if it was an Arab terrorist or an Aborigine or anyone that doesn't fit within Brett's microworld, Brett would have the pitchforks at the ready!

But it was a white guy from the suburbs so, surely, there must be a rational explanation!

This was an example of domestic terrorism and should be tarred with the same brush as any other heinous crime! 

• My thoughts exactly BEM

i take great comfort from

comments which reflect the severity of this National emergency

• I said nothing of the sort Carlo. Nothing excuses any form of domestic violence, period.

• I am with you Brett - you said nothing like what was implied. People need to re-read comments.

• This reply was deleted.
          • That police officers quotes were taken completely out of context. If you heard the entire interview you would have heard him say that as an investigator he has to remain open to all possibilities, he can't assume anything, and he made those comments in response to being asked a question.

Later in the interview when asked if he thought that Rowan Baxter was driven to those actions by his ex wife, he replied no he did not, but that he had to investigate all possibilities. Hell, even Hannah Clarke's family understood what he meant and took no offence to it.

But no, the outrage industry threw him under a bus.

• Mate I'm disappointed to read this from you. Normally such a level headed contributor. Maybe you got your message a little mixed up. But let's be clear, there's no shades of grey here. This bloke is pure evil, not worthy of a mention let alone the data that's been devoting to discussing him. 
          He torched his family alive. Without doubt the most vile thing I've ever heard of. The most painful way to end a life. And he did it to his own children. He didn't even have the decency to douse himself and st himself ablaze. He reserved a quick death for himself, the POS coward. 
          I do not accept in any way shape or form this notion that men can be driven to such lengths via domestic disputes. His Ex could have been sleeping with the entire town, driving around in his car and having stripped him of all assets and access to his kids, nothing and I mean absolutely nothing can justify what he did. 
          A discussion around family court issues and family break ups along with this issue do not belong in the same conversation. This 'guy' murdered his family. End of story. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Well Lomax will be a lot more expensive, Carty would have been on minimum for most of the time and probably only 350/400 now. Carty is not that marketable unless he sell himself attached to the coach LOL"
30 minutes ago
"Thanks Hoe, agree with what you said.
I tried to specifically generalise about player valuations and use Lomax as an example. To answer Sluggo who was taking the piss, I can accept the premise he is making but I personally had overlooked Waqa as an…"
34 minutes ago
"Well thought out and expressed Slippery.... you raise good points about circumstantial valuations."
47 minutes ago
BEM replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Our dominant half is getting older and if we lose Sanders, there is no real alternative. 
Our forwards are getting older as well.
Our "premiership window" is closing fast so we need quality experienced players now instead of waiting to see if the…"
58 minutes ago
More…