Help change things

I’ve been here since 2012 

when big things happen there’s discourse -a terrorist attack , a bombing etc

yesterday a whole family was obliterated by someone who had issue with their partner leaving a violent relationship 

please please please , if you hear a mate be a shit to their partner call them out , if you think they are not coping with a split tell them to get help 

you guys are the ones who are going to change things 

I know women who can’t leave because we fear this outcome - good men , good fathers help change this . I know lots of you are - spread your magic 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Carloeel, there's little words that can be said and the person who did this should never be mentioned by name; I had a sister who had issues with her ex and knew part of what she went through and nothing like mentioned but it scars people for a long time.

My work in education also opens my eyes to court orders / DVO etc. and working with out legal branch at times my hands are tied for mum or dad and we do need to call one of them if one turns up as in many cases families do not have orders in place. Anyway its a v sad time.

• This reply was deleted.
    • I love this idea but after sports rorts I doubt there’s money in the kitty 

• This reply was deleted.
        • Poppa the sad thing is yep politics plays a part 

conservative govts have stripped dom violence projects particularly up here in newy . We need funding from govt for education for new families maybe instead of useless bloody birth classes ( cos ffs we swear and carry on regardless  of breathing) how to build strong family attachments and teaching boys to feel . 

Also funding for families to escape violence .

so yes it’s v political 

• That's a great message Carlo and this particular incident could have and should have been prevented. If we as mates, family, co-workers etc see the signs and take steps to help prevent things escalating then that is a win for all concerned 

• It's unbearable looking at the pictures of Hannah with her three smiling little angels. Just horrific. A cruel injustice.

Rowan should never have been allowed anywhere near Hannah, the kids and family. That's the only solution imo. 

He attempted to break Hannah's wrists only a few days earlier, inter alia. According to one forensic criminologist this hideous being went from wanting to "control" Hannah to revenge and punishment - the typical "changing the project" MO amongst criminals.

I think people like him may be beyond redemption, even with the best therapy.

This case made me recall an unsolved murder of a Sydney mother I knew, about 20 odd years ago. We used to work together during my uni days & became quite close. She broke down on a few occasions telling me she was petrified of her estranged husband, that she had separated from, and feared he'd kill her. I told her to stay the hell away from him, just before she went missing. A week later I saw her face on the front page of a Sunday paper. Her body had been found on a beach.

It's so often the people close to us or whom we know. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

macybrown replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Hope so!"
10 minutes ago
macybrown replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Shit thought so.
reckon it'd be a huge mistake to let Grieg go or even Ogden go also ... it's taken years for us to get good back ups in place .
why do we have to let the players we have nurtured to be fit to step in to take fg places at all go tho?…"
10 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Johnny Suede's discussion Clubs monitoring status of Jake Arthur
"Personally my assessment is based on the fact that he's been in the coaching box since he was a scratch in his father's pants. He should have picked up something then but of course, no guarantees. "
11 minutes ago
Frank The Tank replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'll tell you how this goes down.
Dragons get Asofa, Storm get Lomax and we get stuck holding our dicks again..."
13 minutes ago
More…