Help change things

I’ve been here since 2012 

when big things happen there’s discourse -a terrorist attack , a bombing etc

yesterday a whole family was obliterated by someone who had issue with their partner leaving a violent relationship 

please please please , if you hear a mate be a shit to their partner call them out , if you think they are not coping with a split tell them to get help 

you guys are the ones who are going to change things 

I know women who can’t leave because we fear this outcome - good men , good fathers help change this . I know lots of you are - spread your magic 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Was there evil or totally enraged to point of insanity. You can't type what he did to the sweetest gift in his life. Pain makes perpetrators act with the only skill they know.  No way am I sticking up for him without knowing him. Lord have mercy. 

• Being enraged is one thing,  commiting terrible acts of violence is just plain evil, you may not think you are making excuses for him but you are.

• How anyone can do that to other human beings, let alone your wife and kids is disgusting and utterly disturbing. I'm rarely shocked but I was when I first heard about this...... if he was still alive, there would be queues to kill this fucker.

However, the killers race is irrelevant, there are wife beaters and killers of all races and religions. It's a sad part of life but these type of people exist, and no amount of education will eradicate these types - sad but true. When your missing that many screws, no amount of therapy or help will stop these types of people from killing themselves and others.

• Agree that this is an unforgivable evil tragic thing to do to anyone let alone your family.

i understand adults arguing etc but it should never become physical and should never include children.

male suicide and physical violence comes from somewhere. It's not a male trait that comes with your genes, so why do some men (more then women) lose all hope, get angry and then commit either suicide or murder suicide?

is it to do with upbringing ie handed down from male to male, is it ???? I wish we had the answer. But trying to stop it once it's reached this level of agitation is too late for me, we need to have a program or something where boys early on, learn how to be men and treat not only women but others and themself properly.

My father taught me, by leading by example and telling me not to hit girls or else, my sons started "rutting" around 10, pushed their mother and I told them in no uncertain terms what I'd do to them if they did it again. It was never an issue after that.

i heard on the radio a woman say that her ex thought he owned her when they got married, did terrible things to her on their wedding night and even wouldn't let her breast feed because her body was for him. Where the hell do you learn this shit.

anyway, teach your Sons early. Keep women safe.

• Simply no excuses for this coward and grub of a man to do what he did. NONE!

• For those thinking along the lines. "he was driven to this because he felt he had no other option", your thought process is all wrong.

We are all responsible for our own actions, the actions he took were not the only option, in fact it was not an option at all. You could place 100 people in the exact same situation as he was in and they would all take different actions, some may take the same actions as others but they are all responsible for their own actions, 

• This is a tradgedy beyond description! The family court system and the Criminal court systems seem so disjointed. I am not a legal expert and wont pretend to know the ins and outs of the system but over the past 18 months my partner has been enagged in custody proceedings with her ex-partner to which I have tried to play a supporting role whilst at the same time staying out of the decisions they as parents have to agree upon. My partner when we met was 5 months seperated from her ex which was a relationship that was abusive mentally and financially. Her ex was on alcholic on Disability Pension whilst my partner worked to pay they bills and according to her the good days were him being barely tolerable and the worst being him being outright aggressive verbally whilst daring her to leave. She eventually plucked up the courage to leave but it was something that she had to plan, secretley save money and did the quick escape one day whilst he wasn't home. 

When I entered the picture my partner and her ex were at the start of custody proceedings but the things I witnessed were staggering and had no impact in proceedings or were just not admissable, These things included phone calls to her mobile at all times of the day or night about 3 times a day at bare minimum up to 48 calls in one daym whisch wildly swung from hysterically crying to outright rage and threats ( she had provided the children with a pre paid mobile that he could ring them directly without needing to ring her phone). Him calling the children on their shared phone and him telling them that soon they wouldn't be living with there mother anymore and she didn't love them becasue she split up thier family. He then started doing drive-by's of her home even though she was now living over 100km from his home. He even turend up to the childrens school in an attempt to pick up his children and take them back to his home. At this point the Police placed a DVO on him. The thing that was frustrating for my partner during this time was none of this had little if any impact on custody proceedings and every fortnight she ( I would accompany her ) to do changeovers at McDonalds either in her town or the McDonalds near his town and hand the kids over to a man that would spend the next 2 or 3 days telling them how bad their mother was, that they would soon be living without there mother back at his home, that their new school and new friends weren't as good as their old school and old friends etc etc... The stress that my partner was going through having to wilfully leave her children in the care of someone so unstable I could only imagine was unbearable, 

The custody issue is now resolved and about 3 months after it's resolution and he realised that he was unable to weaponise his children against their mother he gradually started taking far less interest in his kids and most of the time forgoes his time with them.

I wish I had some answers and solutions and it is such a difficult subject to tackle but for some people in an abusive relationship seperation is only the beginning of a bigger battle and hopefully going forward we can find a better way to ensure the protection of those trying to leave the abusive relationship and the children.   

• Sorry to hear that Pat, must have been very difficult for you all mate.

Happy youve found a good woman though, sounds like the kids are lucky to have you in their lives.

• Wasn’t custody 

he was offered 50/50 

4 days one week 3 the next 

refused to ensure nothing was written in stone 

was all control and punishing her from leaving :-((

• Patsy this is one of my nightmares 

and the situation in Brisbane is my worst one 

good luck to you and your partner and good on you for being her great support !!

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael W. replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Seek help."
17 minutes ago
LB replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"More so a great performance could come from the motivation and not from skill. If they try to win with talent and skill ain't going far as there is not much without Moses. With heart and effort they could do ok, maybe not win but get close.
If they…"
24 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Pops, are you seriously considering the head of football and the coach are not equally accountable for recruitment.   I reckon you've fallen into the tct trap"
34 minutes ago
Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Cowboys wasn't a great performance LB. they have been shown up quiet badly after we managed to bust their defence at will in their Red Zone! i.e. fundamentally the same attack as the Phins game, just a different resolve from the defence.
Can we…"
1 hour ago
More…