Hello again Carloeel, Snake & Fongy

The passing of Col prompted me to re-engage with 1EE.

Over a decade I've been on and off the site, always entertaining but sometimes interactions went past points of view and into personal attacks.... my fault at times too.

But hearing about Col's passing was very sad and reminded me we are all bound by our common love for the Eels.

I just wanted to come back to this big dysfunctional family and say hi.

Go Parra 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• how are you coping? whens the funeral?

you organising it?

Dont worry about the eulogy, youll be fine.

I had to do one not long ago and organise the funeral, i was really worried but i took some breaths and felt a sense of calmness come over me, it turned out great.

Anything youre worried or stressed about?

• It's wed in syd 

Im just tired - getting photos from slides from 1970 takes time , lots of running around etc 

after it I think I will need to crawl into a cave a sleep for 6 months 

• once the funeral is over you can let your guard down and relax, youll be cool.

good luck carls.

• Carlo, Condolences again. Really feel for you and the family.

Sometimes, I feel my mother around me, though she passed many years ago. I actually feel she's in less pain that she was.

• That's a nice feeling 

• Sorry to hear Carlo, my condolences.

If you truly believe then your Mum will visit.

• Carlo I am sure she will. My mum has been gone nearly 12 years Now.  My father has been gone  since 1965 and they visit me all the time. My wife had been  lighting a candle every night for about 15 years. They are all close to us. The eulogy is great therapy for you 

• Have a read of "kardec" Carlo.

He is the founder of spiritism, if he interests you let me know and we can talk further.

• You are no doubt aware that spirtism is very big over here in the land of the beating bongo drums as you called it Poppa.

It resonates with more than any other religion or following for lack of a better description.

Hippolyte Léon Denizard Rivail "Allan Kardec" was a facinating human being, similar to the great man- Alan Hunt.

• Ah! Bert, finally we have something that we may be able to talk about.

Notwithstanding Kardec's French heritage and he starting the idea of spiritism in this form, Brazil is unquestionably the home of "spiritism" something like 90% of the population are christened Catholics but of them something like 85% are spiritist. The catholic church in Brazil turn a blind eye to this, with some exceptions of zealous priests.

The actuality of spiritism is that it has no religious connection, although it is manifestly Christian in terms of its founder and the books he has written. In theory any person of any religion or even agnostic can follow its principles.

Contrary to what you see in Brazil there is no church or praying or even donations to the concept. Human beings being what they are have never the less bastardised this and I am sure you see a lot of localized zealotry.

Anybody reading this for the first time is that the principle behind spiritism is reincarnation, albeit different to the Asian style of regression into animals ect. Spiritism is strictly human and is about passages of life, you cannot regress from your past failings, you can plateau for periods but eventually you will learn "subconsciously" about past regressions and go forward.

I won't say any more because people's views become polarised, I have met with many mediums of which I would say 90% are fake 5% well meaning and 5% that are incredible.

In your case BERT just remember the "golden rule" and you will enjoy life and its various repercussions much better.

Parramatta Tragic has a wonderful saying of wishing he was half the person his dog thought he was. In my case I wish I was half the person, I know I should be. i.e. I don't pretend to be a fcuking angel when saying these things, obviously I am not! I just need to try harder!

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"You know that 40/20 is not a persons real name , nor does it divulge who said person is off screen , ya Wally. Could you try any harder to find an excuse to be outraged ?   What the difference between mentioning a podcasters alias and talking about…"
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Mattersons a Christian sect member, pretty sure he's a convert from Catholic. Confusing I know , considering he acts Jewish. "
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"It's funny how he has been linked to us for about 3 years now, I wonder what his attraction is to Prramatta . Maybe a fan as a kid .  And yes , he was bagged by experts like Ploppa who proudly told us he'd been studding him carefully and saw nothing…"
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"I'd say his salary plays a big part in the decision. If there were a few players on the market for this season I think his choice not to release him early may have been different. Flanno can't build his team with Lomax chewing up so much coin. And…"
1 hour ago
More…