Hands or Asi?

As a 14 who do we prefer? A straight up hooker in Hands, who can also play Lock and in the halves? Or Daejarn Asi who can play across the backline, in the halves and perhaps hooker if desperate? It is hard but i think i would lean towards Asi but Hands is a wonderful option also. But Asi offers more versatility also.

Though Asi has been playing in the centres in cup as oppose to the halves so could see him as first in line to replace Blake or Penisini, but i feel with no actual back-line cover on the bench, Asi can offer that quick fix it, bit like Will Smith. But Hands is good option also.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hands did more than enough to stay in the squad 

• Definitely Hands as Hodgson can’t play 80 mins and Hands looks terrific and can also cover the halves and lock if needed. Asi I think will eventually take over at centre just needs a chance

• This.

JH cant and shoudn't play 80 mins if he's to play his best and see the season out. He's 33 and nowhere near match fitness having missed the last 12 months.

• Yup. Ricky didn't play Hodgo 80 for the Milkmen either. We need all Hands on deck ( or bench) to cover for a tiring Hodgo. 

• Hodgo can play 80 hands looks the goods because he was fresh at the 60 min mark

• Disagree mate he was one of the players who looked gassed and was partly responsible for the panthers first try. Hands has speed and spark that Hodgson doesn't posses 

• Hands Down

• Howbout both? Asi in waqa out?

• Just whilst we are on hookers , anyone watch Canterburys star recruit today 😂😂 Dogs fans calling for his head already.  

As for the question, I like the Hodgson / Hands combo.  Just what the doctor ordered. Our teams been way too predicable for years , now BA has confidence in Hands he should bring him in for Hodgo earlier. 

11003396081?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Mahoney did more than Kikau and Burton. They were both dogshit. My doggies cousin was bitching about both.

Good to see them lose. :)

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Grunta the great replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Eels by 16
MOM Brown"
7 minutes ago
Grunta the great posted a discussion
I'm in Cairns and it's very hot and humid here, so I can imagine what Darwin is like and how the boys are feeling!Tonight we see the Eels take on Benny's boys in our annual home game in the Territory. Recent years have been unsuccessful for the Eels…
8 minutes ago
fake midget pseudoachondroplasia replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"I read somewhere Talagi was in same situation as Sanders and able to negotiate after round 6 but has an option in his favour he can activate.  If so that is probably why BA moved him to 5/8 instead of bringing in Sanders or even Asi which would have…"
16 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"Hayne was a once in a generation player.....are you suggesting this kid is in that league?"
25 minutes ago
More…