Gutho Vs Hayne. Who ya got?

In light of Gutho's stellar season and Dally M contention, who would you have in your team?

Two vastly different playing styles, Guthos all out consistent effort and professionalism vs Haynes game winning talent but hot and cold attitude.

Who do you want as your fullback?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hayne of 2009 and 2014. 
    Obviously Hayne is a game breaker. 
    Hayne had the potential to make a good team great. But he could also undermine a team. He was not a team player. He could fade out of a game. We had years of under-performance with Hayne in the team. 
    Gutho's work ethic is second to none and this year his execution has been mostly excellent. He can bring a team together. In a way Hayne never could. 
    - if Hayne has even half the work ethic and team-first attitude of Gutho, he would have been an immortal

• Regular season Gutho

Origin Hayne

In origin and surrounded by elite players Haynes attitude was different and he was a team player. 

• Hayne is no doubt better but come at an extra cost of 1.2m a year. We are getting great value with gutherson at 750k considering ponga, Tedesco and RTS are over a mill a year. I rate gutho just behind those 3 players, I rated hayne when he was our fullback as the best player in the world at the time.

If I was looking for value and build an all round structured team with a salary cap to follow gutho would be my fullback

If I didn't have a salary cap(I.e roosters), or have a young team all on cheap deals (i.e panthers) I would be looking  for hayne over gutho.

• Gutho gives you 7,5/8 out of 10 every week. JH was either a 5 or a 10. You can depend on a player so inconsistant. I won't lay all the blame of JH though. His team mates for a large part of his tenure were park footy/ problematic or fringe NRL level players at best. The Parra front office was in a permamant mess.

I would have like him to stay after the 2018 disaster as he still had the golden touch. Wouldn't mind him at all either at centre or on the wing. He could have also become a handy dummy half. Too bad he had too much stupid in him. I loved him and I still do. One of my favorite all time.

This was his swangsong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2mzqSf3T08

• Hayne on his day was one of the best of all time. All natural but played as an individual. 
    Gutho, the heart beat of the team. Works harder than most. A leader and a team player. 
    Truth is, I'd have them both. Hayne for his magic and Gutho for hardwork and leadership. 

• Imagine if we had Haynesy and Gutho...gee 

• I want Guthio.

hayne more talented but :

- well known as a lazy trainer

- puts himself in front of team

these 2 attributes alone mean the team as a whole would be worse off. No such issues with Gutho. In fact his attitude would make the team better collectively.

Easy choice in a team sport. As we saw with Hayne no point winning Dally M player of year if your team can only win the wooden spoon.

• Say what you want no matter how WRONG - Hayne got Parra to a GF & Gutho has not (so far). And Grand Finals are the yardstick - NOTHING else matters

Hayne, just through simple logic is the winner

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Eli Stephens posted a discussion
Nrl Physio reporting that Gutho has been getting his knee drained of fluid and dealing with soreness and swelling in the knee he had surgery on. Obviously not a good sign and he's not close to 100%. 
7 minutes ago
The Badger replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Could Lomax backflip on his decision?
"It's really pissing me off watching every other team's wingers scoring tries easily whilst I still picture our dope getting pushed into touch."
12 minutes ago
The Badger replied to Frankie Fong's discussion A MESSAGE FROM THE FONG
"Thanks for the reality fix mate. We often get carried away in our own little world and forget there are way more important shit happening to others.
I am unsure how I would react in that situation."
25 minutes ago
ParraPride replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Could Lomax backflip on his decision?
"If he doesn't come oh well.
I just want brad arthur sacked!
Enough of his bullshit coaching and poor performing teams for over the last decade!
It will be like winning a premiership for me!"
40 minutes ago
More…