Gutho Vs Hayne. Who ya got?

In light of Gutho's stellar season and Dally M contention, who would you have in your team?

Two vastly different playing styles, Guthos all out consistent effort and professionalism vs Haynes game winning talent but hot and cold attitude.

Who do you want as your fullback?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• For pure talent it's Hayne everyday past Sunday.

Guthos just not in the same talent code and that's not his fault Hayne at his best talent wise is probably one of thee best to lace it up.

But guts and does what's required and a pure locker room guy you take the latter.

• imagine if Hayne had Guthos attitude and desire, he would have left everyone for dead week after week

• I was a huge Hayne fan and I wouldn't have thought 3 years ago I'd ever have said this but in terms of overall value to the team cause - for mine it's Gutho.

Would Hayne had been in position in the 78th minute of a tough contest to make that cover tackle that Gutherson made on the weekend to win us the game? I'm not sure. At his best yes but his problem was he wasn't always at his best. 

• Michael, absolutely get your point.  Your comment just  reminded me of a great JH try saving video and yes it was a long time ago as you say. Enjoy... https://youtu.be/cJvV19HAaM4

there was one on the line against Penrith from years back which was my favourite, just  wish I could remember the year. 

• Yeah I mean look at those. Even those defensive plays were superhuman forget the attacking stuff but the issue was some games he simply wouldn't be where he should have been to make the tackle. He wasn't at 100% every game. Gutho is. I'd also argue that Gutherson is developing into a better ball player. Like everything Hayne did his passes were often spectacular but he wasn't as selective as Gutherson is. 

• Depends on what situation - so there can be NO correct answer as neither have GF success

You want a lifer, a dude to build a club around - Gutho........but No GF

Say what u want about Hayne NOTHING I MEAN NOTHING parra has donr since 1986 & that inclures 2001 & 2005 can match the the EXCITEMENT of the Hayne Plane in 2009 with our run from 2nd last on the ladder to the GF

So we all want a wife - a best friend for life right -  GUTHO

But if u get to have an affair with the HOTTEST 18yo SEX CRAZED Nympho - but only for a short while - YOU TAKE IT EVERY TIME & that is what Hayne DID

If you are HONEST and have NEVER experienced a GF and were a Parra fan in 2009 - You take those 10 weeks over Gutho EVERY SINGLE TOME - otherwise you are a LIAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I win

• Interesting analogy, lol

• Hi Tele yes you win! Fantastic analogy!!

• Hayne..shouda,coulda, woulda. Wasted talent. What a footballing genius he was. Amazing footy IQ but... If I went to war, I'd want Gutho and Nathan Brown either side of me.

• Zero other IQ. One of the dopiest ever. Couldn't string a coherent sentence together if his life depended on it. At any time in his career.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"So that says we have a coach that can beat Penrith . The fact we lost to the tigers says we have a poor attitude . And we have for decades. On and off feild leadership is as big a problem as coaching. And that may not necessarily only apply to the…"
1 hour ago
Poupou Escobar replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
""Friday nights game should have been nearly closed out in the first 25 minutes. We had enough ball and field position to take the wind out of the Phins."
You really think so? At halftime we had 50% possession: iStats/NRL (championdata.com)
If we had…"
2 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"You know that 40/20 is not a persons real name , nor does it divulge who said person is off screen , ya Wally. Could you try any harder to find an excuse to be outraged ?   What the difference between mentioning a podcasters alias and talking about…"
3 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Mattersons a Christian sect member, pretty sure he's a convert from Catholic. Confusing I know , considering he acts Jewish. "
3 hours ago
More…