Good Game BUT!

I felt the Eels were very fortunate to get the win tonight against Manly. The Eels 2nd half was very poor in many areas! Defensively not as good as last 2 weeks plus some very stupid errors by Gutho, Ferguson, Sivo, Blake and a couple of others. I still think Ray Stone would have been a better inclusion although Kafuasi has picked up some valuable experience. Their were a few dubious ref calls going against both teams. The Eels really need to learn how to put teams away and not allow the opposition back into the game by stupid errors. Top 3 players in the Eels side tonight were:

3 points - Mahoney outstanding all night.

2 points - Jennings

1 point - Paulo - best ofvthe forwards.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• the field goal was to early for me but we won the only thing that matters

• 3 - Jennings

2 - Mahoney

1 - Moses

• Monts I'm going in going to have to call you a dope here .   Parra were lucky to to win but the eels defended many sets on their line and defend many stupid errors they made where last they would not of . 

Even if thr try was awarded and manly won the game Parra showed a number of improvements from the team as a whole and individual players from last year .  Next week is another test  .

• Exactly!

• Thats ok Frankie no worries mate. I'm probably being a bit hard on the Eels but their defense although good it wasn't great! There silly errors almost cost them the game..Ferguson's attempt to intercept wasn't necessary. He should have held his line and tackled and then the Eels would have had the ball instead of giving Manly another set of six in the Eels half with only a couple of minutes left. Ferguson can have some silly plays in his game and that's why the Roosters got rid of him.

• If you look back the Teams that have good seasons, and even those that actually win the GF, have wins like that scattered throughout their season.

It's good to win like that sometimes because it will feel like a loss and should mean they aren't complacent for next week.

I thought their forwards got on top (in part due to superior wrestling) and the Australia halfback should really have shown more. Just my opinion.

• Under fatigue in the second half we made some dumb decisions and went away from what was working. It gave Manly a sniff. 
    I'm sure the boys know it too. Importantly we come away with the points and no injuries. 
    I thought our defence overall was excellent 

• Did we win, shut the hell up then, not great but 4 from4 we will learn

• We lost some composure in the second half the gutho chip and chase was an example moses was in position for a kick and it should gone to him for a kick to the corner.

Defence was very good all night a year ago we would of lost that game

• true, yes we le some tries in, but overall we matched them. the great test was assed

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Cowboys wasn't a great performance LB. they have been shown up quiet badly after we managed to bust their defence at will in their Red Zone! i.e. fundamentally the same attack as the Phins game, just a different resolve from the defence.
Can we…"
23 minutes ago
Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I think anyone that has common sense and decency are in this boat. That is not to say BA should stay, I agree he has to go.
The one argument that we don't know is who has pulled the strings on the recruitment wagon, it is really a problem and…"
34 minutes ago
Collaroy Eel replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I know mate I know..... BA is hard headed and doesn't ever seem to learn from his mistakes as we all can see.
Going to the game tonight half I hope me and my boys don't leave embarrassed "
37 minutes ago
LB replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I would accept that if it was their first time or second time in Darwin. This was their 10th. He knew exactly the conditions."
43 minutes ago
More…