Game Day Blog - Sharks vs Eels

Well, this is a danger game for our Eels IMO. The Sharks are on a bit of a roll with 3 wins on the trot. The Eels also have won their past 3 games, but haven't exactly been convincing.

I thought our opponents in the Bulldogs last week, were probably given less respect than they deserved, most likely as they sit at the bottom of the ladder. They put in a massive effort and lost by only 2 points. However, after watching the Storm put 40 on them last night, I'm not so sure.

The Sharks see the return of Moylan, Ramien and Dugan and if I were Parra, I'd be throwing a few big boys at Moylan as I believe that he is the most vulnerable.

The match up for me is Johnson and Moses. Johnson has been in some very good form and actually earning his wage of late. Moses has been in good form all season and will need to be on top of his game today.

For me, If we are to win this game, we need to see our backs stand up, particularly our right edge. Waqa needs to improve in most areas of his game and BA would know this.

Also, our kick pressure and line speed in general must improve on the past few weeks. The most noticeable difference I've noticed in the Eels team from early season to recent weeks is a considerable drop in line speed. I am hoping like most Eels fans that this is the game that we put in close to a 80 minute effort and Dylan Brown grabs the game by it's horns.

This should be a cracker on a rainy and windy Sunday afternoon!

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No brains Parra no brains man this is painful.

• I know it's pissing down rain but this is really poor from us. Unbelievably poor

• You'd think we were up by 50 and wanting tackling practice...

• I'm running the game through Brown and take my chances.

• Playing a top 8 side in conditions like this is similar to semi final football as wet puts pressure on your whole game . It really emphasises tactics, composure and game management. Worrying signs here.

• Really want to hear BA in the presser 

Same shit week in week out. BA it's on you dickhead.

• Thank you Frank. I am glad someone has said it.

• This is a new low, even for our window lickers

• 4 hit ups then reef it down the other end

• Ugly, ugly, ugly. 2 points yeah! 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Gutherson was out there giggling and smiling with the opposition post game.  That told me enough. "
4 minutes ago
Muttman replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"I've seen enough other games to be convinced it's not a fitness thing. All these guys are measured on a bunch of fitness metrics. Having said that, I do think our game plan uses too much petrol. It's inefficient.  I was astounded to hear the half…"
4 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Not disagreeing that Arthur's time may be spent. But who the fuck signed such old tired players to such big contracts. 
And we still have them for another season at least.we are stuck with this squad with their  massive contracts with too many years…"
7 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"Rouse Hill rhinos ba bush coach junior development there. Rails run into fg right there"
11 minutes ago
More…